Looking for Peach/Pecan braggot recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerRunner

Reaction score
Inspired by Shiner Cheer, a Dunkelweizen with hints of peach and pecan, I want to make a drink with stronger flavors. I want it to be pretty strong too. At least 10% ABV. Anyone have any ideas? I've never come up with a recipe from scratch. Thanks.

I have an idea.

Take your favorite dunkel and add this to the wort.

2 lbs honey with 2lbs of pecans crushed simmered for about 1 hr.
This should draw out the flavor and oils of the pecans.
Cool down and add to wort.
Add additional 4 lbs of honey to the wort.

Primary that sucker for 4 weeks. Rack onto 4 lbs of peaches and let ferment another 4 weeks. Rack again for clearing another 4 weeks.

Bottle it up and wait atleast 3 months, 6 would be better.

I don't have a yeast reccomendation because I am not reccomending a dunkel to use.

Use your favorite dunkel recipe. That recipe will tell you what yeast to use.

The 6 lbs of honey should add about 4% assuming we are talking a 5 gallon batch here. I'm not sure how much the 4 lbs of peaches adds, maybe 2%????

yes you could use the peach wine base. I don't know much about wine base but I'm sure it will ferement and it has peaches in it.

I'd go with regular peaches tho.

If you made a dunkel with 5% abv you'd hit the 10% (and prolly a little more) you are looking for easy.

let us know how it goes if you make it.

I think I may just brew this one. It would be nice and BIG, excellent to drink with a fine meal later this year.

This sounds delicious! How did it turn out? Did the pecan oils cause any problems or bitterness?

Back