Hop Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stout Man

Reaction score
I have 6 nugget plants, a total of 12 rhizomes. I still don't know what my total harvest is going to be but I know its going to be huge. I just want to know if anyone has too many rhizomes and wants to trade. I know its the wrong time of year but I'd much rather have many varieties of hops rather than a bunch of one. When March 09 rolls around we can send out the rhizomes.

I'd also swap some nugget hops for some of the lower alpha acid variety. I'll probably end up with 4-8 pounds of nugget. I could probably spare some Zeus and Chinook as well. Zeus is not like Columbus in aroma even though I've read that it is on the internet. Zeus is just a strong hop. Anyone else who grew Zeus agree?

i just opened my zues and tried to get a smell, not much but then the other hops i tried didn't have much either but then my nose is stuffed up today and the hops are cold. any tips on what hops zues makes a good substitution for, hopefully galeana and magnum, i'm short on then and have alot of zues

The bittering profiles of Zeus and Columbus are similar, but as you noted, the aromas are quite different.

I have 6 nugget plants, a total of 12 rhizomes. I still don't know what my total harvest is going to be but I know its going to be huge. I just want to know if anyone has too many rhizomes and wants to trade. I know its the wrong time of year but I'd much rather have many varieties of hops rather than a bunch of one. When March 09 rolls around we can send out the rhizomes.

I'd also swap some nugget hops for some of the lower alpha acid variety. I'll probably end up with 4-8 pounds of nugget. I could probably spare some Zeus and Chinook as well. Zeus is not like Columbus in aroma even though I've read that it is on the internet. Zeus is just a strong hop. Anyone else who grew Zeus agree?

I have Fuggles. They are first year, so are just developing a good rhizome, but I will trade with you. I'd like to get some variety in the hop garden.

I have first year Chinook, Goldings and Willamette. IF, I can get a decent rhizome off of the top of the bines, I'll trade. I'd hate to promise anything at this point, but I'm definitely interested.

Back