Yet another stir plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p_p

Reaction score
My home made stir plate looks great though it is arguably a bit impractical as it is not water proof. Made using a pwm control bought for 2£ and recycled parts.

I wrote a letter to Black Sheep brewery, told them how much I enjoy their beers, specially their Riggwelter and asked them to send me a couple of un crimped caps to make a knob for the stir plate. A few weeks later I got a reply from them and managed to complete the project as planned.

This plate handles my two ltr erlenmayer without problems.

image.jpg

And another photo .... (Couldn't attach it on the prev post)

image.jpg

That looks awesome. I like the use of a bottle cap for the knob. You should be fine with it not being water proof if you use fermcap and/or don't fill your flasks too full. I have had a wheat strain go crazy and foam over after pushing the foam stopper out of the flask. It was more of a thick slug to clean up so even if you do get a mess like that it might not drip down into the electronics.

Back