Consumption of Homebrew During Boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
I just brewed up a batch of amber ale yesterday. During the process (including getting all my equipment organized and sanitized) I drank four bottles of homebrew. Is this excessive?

My real question is this: if I were to switch to all grain brewing, a much longer process than partial mash, would I be in danger of drinking up my entire supply on brewing day?

4 bottles sounds about right to me. If you switch to AG then you just have to make bigger batches so you have enough to drink while brewing your bigger batches which take more time and you drink more beer and.......:confused: where was I going with this again??:drunk: Ah hell, have another homebrew.

I bet by the end of the boil, and for the rest of the brew process, everything went as smooth as silk. ;) Amazing what a bit of light lubrication can do! :drunk:

I don't do bottles, too easy to keep track. I always try to spread my sampling over the range of ales & ciders on tap (including party taps) and, of course, you need to QA anything in a primary, secondary or in the aging rack.

But, this constant sip, sip, sip all day, has to stop.

Yes, I really am from Milwaukee. As for a well balanced diet, I did feel pretty healthy afterwards. That seems to be one of the good things about homebrews-- no hangovers.

I suspect the carbs, proteins and vitamins in homebrew make for a much "better for your body" experience. It really is more filling because it's food and not just alcohol, water and coloring; means you'll probably drink less. Or not.

I think I go through about the same amount durring the boil. However I usually have 1 or 2 durring the steep and a few more while cleaning up.:D

mmditter said:
I just brewed up a batch of amber ale yesterday. During the process (including getting all my equipment organized and sanitized) I drank four bottles of homebrew. Is this excessive?
Only if it's your last four.

Wild

Back