Ingredient Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anteup

Reaction score
Next up is some home brew. Looking at ingredient kits. Any recommendations? I've seen extract, semi-grain and all grain. Don't think i'm ready for all grain(equipment extras) but don't want to brew junk. I drink sam adams, blue moon and my favorite ommegang. Thanks

Starting with an extract with steeping grains kit is a good idea, I think. Take a look at Austin Homebrews or Northern Brewers kits, lots of selection. Make sure you pick an ale (not a lager) and select the dry yeast option - easier to use and will often give beginning brewers better results.

Good luck!

Give some thought to the "Brew Cube" from Tuxedo Park Brewers Supply. It is a 1.5 gallon all-grain starter kit that let's you get good at your technique before getting into purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of beer making equipment. We sell all that too, but the Brew Cube is something right up your alley.

Not to mention that we try to start people at the all grain level so you can begin getting the most bang for you buck from day one. I have 10 Brew Cube batches under my belt, with the latest really becoming quite good, so I'd be willing to walk you through any steps you need help with. We intend to have a video demonstration on our web site soon, but if you've ever tried to deal with video -- well it can be time consuming : )

Give it some thought!

Jason
Tuxedo Park Brewers Supply
http://www.tuxedoparkbrewers.com/
jason-at-tuxedoparkbrewers.com

I've used 3 Brewers Best Kits and they have all come out nice. The directions are also very easy for a first timer. All these kits use steeping grains so you get some depth and flavor to your beers.

If you have a home brew store in your area I would take a trip there and check out their kits, ask them your questions. Most home brew store clerks actually own the store, brew themselves and can give you a ton of first hand advice.

i have used 3 midwest kits. only one has been bottle. it came out good though. i would start with extract w spec grains.

midwest shipping is terrible in my experience so just take that fwiw and maybe go with austin or northwest.

Brewers Best kits rock. My latest IPA is looking/smelling/tasting awesome. Can't wait to dryhop and bottle or keg.. not sure which. Next one up is Falconer's Flight.

Latest posts

Back