Polishing my SS brew stand. Have questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
Just got my new single-tier stand welded together. Its SS with a regular finish. I plan to use the gator grit pads with a 4.5" grinder as I did for my keggles. I am wondering if I even need to use the fine sanding pads since its so smooth already. And maybe go right to the polishing pads with the #2 and then #5 polish?

Any thoughts?

img1625j.jpg

img1626pt.jpg

Ghart, I bought your old stand from you. I'm wondering if I can see your new stand? Have you posted any completed pic's? Thanks!

I will have to get better pics for you. I have slacked but for the most part it is done. I can do that over the weekend, as I am without sunlight as work now.

How's the stand working for you?

Working well. I have made some modifications, mostly burners and heat shields. But it works well. I have been contemplating stainless steel, and what improvement I would make. I ended up having to replace the LP SS braided flex lines I persuaded you to sell me! Anyway, I hope your new build is what you were looking for. It looks great, so far and very similar to mine - with new burner supports. What is hanging down - all thread for burner height adjustment? Hope all is well, and good look with getting it ready for brewing.

What happened with the hose?

Also the threads hanging down a SS threaded rod welded into the underneath of the stand./ Yes it allows me to adjust the height of the burners as a whole. It works great.

I'd love to see a pic of yours with the burner supports too.

Gregg

Latest posts

Back