vintage fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brboland

Reaction score
So the greenlit a kegging setup ( I had her help bottle last night ). I found on Craigslist a vintage fridge go $50 that looks cool to use for about 3 kegs. It needs some.work. I am fine with putting in some work on paint and whatnot but also needs a compressor. What I am getting at... is the juice worth the squeeze? The light comes on when the door opens and it has no rust on it. Looking to see if anyone thinks getting a compressor in this thin is possible before I throw $50 away.

It's a guaranteed money pit. Even if it was in working condition, it would likely be an energy hog. A more recently manufactured fridge or freezer would be much more energy efficient. Replacing a compressor can be expensive and it's seldom worth doing IMO. The exception might be if you have a connection on buying the compressor and installation work.

Back