Beerswap II - beerluvngrl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLuvnGrl

Reaction score
OK here i go.. ready to post so that you can comment on my beers.

I contributed to those that got some of my beer:
CW (blue top) - cherry wheat
CC (gold top with BB) - caramel cream ale
HC (gold top) - holiday cheer (bavarian wheat) (but it needs about 2 more weeks to condition)

ill hold my breath and yall give me some honest opinions..

i wish i could have given each of you some Pansy's Pale Ale to sample..its my favorite one and probably my best one..

so go for it!:mug: :mug:

Pansy, I promise to get to your beers this weekend.

BeerLuvnGrl said:
OK here i go.. ready to post so that you can comment on my beers.

I contributed to those that got some of my beer:
CW (blue top) - cherry wheat
CC (gold top with BB) - caramel cream ale
HC (gold top) - holiday cheer (bavarian wheat) (but it needs about 2 more weeks to condition)

ill hold my breath and yall give me some honest opinions..

i wish i could have given each of you some Pansy's Pale Ale to sample..its my favorite one and probably my best one..

so go for it!:mug: :mug:

I got to know Pansy a little bit last weekend. When she talked about brewing I could tell that she's a brewster who takes her craft seriously and puts a lot of love & attention into every batch she brews. I tried one her brews today, a caramel cream ale. I really didn't know what to expect. I usually shy away from such beers. Caramel belongs in a candy bar, not a beer.
Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by the thick, frothy foam. The color was darker than I expected, a dark amber that was very clear. Lots of carbonation. I found this beer to be malty and sweet but not cloying. The hop bitterness was mellow. Hop flavor was nice, too, but it was obvious that the malt was driving this bus. The more sips I took the more I liked it. And the head didn't fade until I was down to the last few sips. I'm not a big fan of these types of beers, but I really enjoyed this one. It was like drinking a liquid Snickers bar.

I second that. I'll be honest, when I tried it at eh after party last weekend I wasn't expecting much at all--mainly because I've never had a caramel/vanilla/whatever flavor work out in a beer.

But yes, that was pretty decent.

I also agree, BLG and sailman are pretty awesome brewers for just starting out.

thanks for all the comments and compliments.. but i have to give cheesefood his props for the recipe.. i just brewed what he developed..

im glad to know that you liked it.. ya know being a new brewer i literally have to hold my breath before i read.. cause i KNOW yall would tell me if it sucked.. RIGHT?

i wish i had of had more pale ale to share..that really is my pride and joy...but the caramel cream runs close behind..

makes me wanna go brew another beer.. :)

I'd definitely tell you the faults. As all of you know--I can detect oxidation moreso than any others, and I'll point out anythign else I notice so you can improve it for next time. But the bottom line to me is if it tastes good. I can overlook a little diacetyl or fruitiness or somethign ike that if it tastes good.

You can do everything right as a brewer and still not have awesome beer, but yes, you are doing awesome. The pale ale was outstanding. Absolutely no brewing faults in either of the ones I've tasted.

I tried the Caramel Cream Ale and I am a bit confused. I don't taste any caramel or vanilla. Amanda tried some and agreed. She had 2 at Jeff's and said you could definitely taste the caramel but today we can't taste any. Any chance I got a mislabeled bottle?

hmmm.. i have no clue todd.. i mean its not overpowering caramel but there is definately a vanilla hint and a creamyness from the lactose...all the caramel cream ale was a gold top with BB on it.. and should have had CC on it or jsut that top..

sorry! :(

BeerLuvnGrl said:
hmmm.. i have no clue todd.. i mean its not overpowering caramel but there is definately a vanilla hint and a creamyness from the lactose...all the caramel cream ale was a gold top with BB on it.. and should have had CC on it or jsut that top..

sorry! :(

Congrats on the success! I need to brew one up again soon. I just found out that the f(*(*(r that I bought kegs from on eBay (a month ago) finally shipped them (he claims) so I should be able to return to brewing soon.

thanks cheesefood.. its definately a hit with everyone who tries it.. my dad is begging for me to bring some more to him.. im glad i tried it!!!

Your cherry wheat is very good! You can taste the cherry but it's not overpowering the rest of the malt flavor of the beer. Good carbonation. What did you use for the cherry flavor, puree or extract?

im glad you liked it.. the cherry was made using an all extract brew and i used cherry extract a few days before bottling then added more at bottling!

:mug:

Back