Clearing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

universe

Reaction score
Made 2 kits for a buddy...problem is I think I might have mixed up the chemicals (chitosan vs isinglass) Both were pinots...one red, one white. Is this a problem? White seems cloudy still after a few days.

.....or at least my packets do. If not someone has been playing VERY cruel tricks on me! :mad:

What I am saying is I made 2 kits...forgot which took Chitosan vs Isinglass and may have put them in the wrong kit.

What I am saying is I made 2 kits...forgot which took Chitosan vs Isinglass and may have put them in the wrong kit.

Don't know of Chitosan but Isinglass is great stuff. I would say the Isinglass was meant for the white wine. If you are looking for crystal clear wine I think you need to be patient.

Don't know of Chitosan but Isinglass is great stuff. I would say the Isinglass was meant for the white wine. If you are looking for crystal clear wine I think you need to be patient.

Made a lot of kits and haven't seen one take this long to clear up after adding the final chemicals. The Isinglass went into the white this time for sure.

Any other comments? This is the first kit I've made that is this hazy only days before instructions say to bottle (i know instructions are a guideline but this is odd).

Back