Obama is a homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other 3+ threads on here that talk about how Obama bought the gear with his own money but the chefs made it....

Missed those. Found a link on my own.

http://obamafoodorama.blogspot.com/2011/03/obamas-make-history-with-homebrewed.html

President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama made culinary history when they served homebrewed White House Honey Ale, made with a pound of honey from the White House Beehive, to guests at last month's Super Bowl party. They are the first presidential couple to ever charge their chefs with the ancient--and now wildly popular--art of homebrewing, according to White House Curator Bill Allman

Ok, there we go.

I would've linked the HBT threads about it; but I'm too lazy tonight. There are at least three...

two that started around the Super Bowl; and one over the last couple days (plus this one)

What a big help I am, eh? :D
I'm surprised you had the energy to use the quote function.

The man likes beer enough to want to try beer made from scratch. I say that is pretty cool weather he made it or not.

hahaha, and brewers around beware! Obama drank a bud light and shall nevermore be allowed to be curious of beer no more.

The man likes beer enough to want to try beer made from scratch. I say that is pretty cool weather he made it or not.

I agree. So he didn't brew it. You think maybe he's busy...I don't know...running the country?
Meanwhile he knows, and obviously likes, homebrewed beer. How many other presidents openly did that before?

I agree. So he didn't brew it. You think maybe he's busy...I don't know...running the country?
Meanwhile he knows, and obviously likes, homebrewed beer. How many other presidents openly did that before?

Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Madison, etc....

I think it was Madison that wanted a Secretary of Beer position?

My president used to smoke and still loves his beer. I'd even be still be fine if he still smokes.

This just tells me that he stresses out like most of us and that sits with me well.

Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Madison, etc....

I think it was Madison that wanted a Secretary of Beer position?

Indeed Madison was the "Secretary of beer," haha which makes you think what where these guys actually doing having a "secretary of beer" position? Man I would kill to drink the beer of those times, supposedly it had loads of molasses.

Obama bashers will say anything for a little attention. Bottom line from a HB point of view, our President put, if even for a moment, a positive national spotlight on this fine tradition and noble hobby. If you love homebrewing you can't disparage that as anything but a positive and beneficial thing.

And if you try to read any deeper into the politics of it your officially a ******.

If I remember correctly, I believe Obama's first beer in the white house was a Yuengling. Which as a Pennsylvanian, that is pretty awesome, he may have even said that is favorite beer is Yuengling at one point. The last part might just be wishful thinking. Either way this is cool.

i would say the first 12 at least. not that they werent busy...

First, if you think the presidents 2 centuries ago were anywhere as busy as a president is today, you really need to go back to your history books, asap.

Second: that comparison is unfair, to say the least. Yeah, in the 18th century, everybody and their dog was a brewer. George Washington was also a moonshiner. But you can't compare those times with now.
There's been 20 presidents since 1900 (if we count W. McKinley, who left the office in 1901). How many of them have been home brewers?

I have nothing against the man himself (actually, he seems like a generally amicable guy), but there's not much about the guys approach, experience, or ideology that I have use for..

This however, is definitely a positive... Hopefully, somewhere down the road, it leads to more 'freedom' for homebrewers and DIY'ers in general..

Thumbs up to the pres on this one... (whether he made it himself, or has a staffer do it for him) :mug:

I wonder what the first lady thinks about the resulting flatulence? :D

And if you try to read any deeper into the politics of it your officially a ******.
This is a positive for homebrewing, but he's a politician. If I didn’t see an element of calculated self-promotion in this I’d be naïve (not a "******".)

At least it sounds like it was brewed on sight (@ the WH). Not the same can be said for the veggies for the Iron Chef 2 hour special. Kind of a bummer, we watch the show as a family and when the story broke I had to explain to my 10 yr. old why they lied about where the vegetables came from.

Here's the story.

Hey, if it comes from the President, it's not flatulence, it's a "second opinion".:D:D

Obama: "RRRRRrrrriiiipppPPP! Pfff.. Blap, Blap, Blap... PfffftttTTT!"

Michelle: "Yes honey, of course that's true.... BTW, when's the last time you brushed your teeth?... Your breath smells kinda rank..."

obama: "rrrrrrrrriiiipppppp! Pfff.. Blap, blap, blap... Pfffftttttt!"

michelle: "yes honey, of course that's true.... Btw, when's the last time you brushed your teeth?... Your breath smells kinda rank..."

lmfao!!:D

Everyone drinks cheap and light beer sometimes. When the boys are out running bars I will start with a good beer or three and switch to cheap and light Bud Light.

When those around you are tossing back the beer like water, switch to water. And BL is pretty good beer water.

These are some labels I made way back when... Obama, if you read this, you are welcome to use them on your brew.

Lomo_Medium_Vignette_copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back