North American Organic Brewers Fest - Portland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first I've heard of it, I don't see why I wouldn't be going. I'll talk to El SWMBO about it.

I grew up in Portland and just happen to be in town!! Stoked you put this out or I would never would have heard about it. Maybe Friday at the start?

I've been seeing posters up all over town for this for a while now. Recall it happening last year too and didn't get a chance to go. This year for sure.

Maybe, no place to park nearby and to take the Max I have to drive up to the Rose district. Somehow, burning 5 gallons of fuel round trip spikes the theme. Might be worth it though, now that organic brewers are focusing on making good beer.

My experiences with trying to find parking in Portland have all been bad. Doesn't help to have a 8 1/2 foot tall 18 foot long van and I don't ride the motorcycle within 24 hours of drinking.

Just a little bump for all...It's gonna be a hot one today, so I'll probably be hitting this one later in the afternoon, early evening.

I've never had any problem parking downtown in one of the Smart Park garages.

EDIT - Just saw the dimensions of your vehicle David. That would be tough to fit in a garage. I've also had luck with street parking along 14th Ave just north of Burnside and with Portland city blocks being half the length of the average city block, walking from there anywhere downtown is a breeze.

Enjoy the festival guys.

Well I went Friday at opening 3pm and it was hot for me. Planned to go back today (Sat) but I can' t do 98. The best beesr I had were the Double Mountain IRA and HopLava. Bison IPA was stale:(

SWMBO had food poisoning, so she wasn't able to go, so I went by meself. There were a lot of good beers there. My favorites were Hair of the Dog's "Greg" and .... well I'll remember it again if I see it. I had a Red Stone's blackberry mead and it was delicious. I had a LOT of samples, and the 90º heat and no food before I left didn't help with the druckenness. Glad I rode the MAX down there. There were a TON of hippies and lesbians there too!

Watch who you're calling hippie buddy!

SWMBO and I went Saturday evening. Had some disappointing beers to be honest. I had too many samples too, so I don't remember details. Nothing blew my kilt up though...oh, there was that one chick that slowly started raising it for me...

SWMBO had food poisoning, so she wasn't able to go, so I went by meself. There were a lot of good beers there. My favorites were Hair of the Dog's "Greg" and .... well I'll remember it again if I see it. I had a Red Stone's blackberry mead and it was delicious. I had a LOT of samples, and the 90º heat and no food before I left didn't help with the druckenness. Glad I rode the MAX down there. There were a TON of hippies and lesbians there too!

Hey, I'm a lesbian in a man's body! Don't marginalize me, man.

I couldn't make it down, but sounded like a good time. Anyone try the Hopworks IPA?

Back