Fort Dodge, Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubadude

Reaction score
Hi all!

Name's Mike...I live in Fort Dodge, Iowa.

I'm a 44 year old, with 3 teenage monsters still living at home.

I'm a former chef/restaurant manager. After 20 years in the industry, I burned out and now do Quality Assurance at a pet food by-product processor.

After about 7 months of the new job, I discovered I missed cooking. So I started converting my kitchen to handle all the cooking. About the time I started, a friend suggested that I try homebrewing.

We are now enjoying really good beer at dinner every night. My 2nd batch is in the bottle.

As soon as I can get a little money, I want to build a kegarator. It'll be tricked out to honor my other favorite thing in life.....NHL hockey. I already have 3 tap handles. 2 Minnesota Wild, and one vintage Minnesota North Stars. I didn't always live in Iowa... ;)

Scubadude said:
It'll be tricked out to honor my other favorite thing in life.....NHL hockey. I already have 3 tap handles. 2 Minnesota Wild, and one vintage Minnesota North Stars. I didn't always live in Iowa... ;)

Welcome!

I loved hockey too. I'm still PO'd about the season getting cancelled. Its ridiculous and I probably won't go back to watching it. My teams were the North Stars and now (well, sort of, seeing there isn't any hockey) the Chicago Blackhawks. I'm from WI and we didn't have a pro team when I was growing up, so I took the nearest ones.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Back