San Jose brew pubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd2448

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm working over in San Jose for the next couple of weeks and wanted to ask if there are any recommended brew pubs (restaurants too, come to mention it). I'll have transport but will be staying in downtown San Jose. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

There is a Gordan/Biersch and a RockBottom in San Jose, also the Tied House but the last time I was there it had some infection problem. If you can get over to Campbell there is the ChickenCoop. You can also get maps by going to my blog and clicking on the link to the beer project.
mark
Beer Diary...

There is also the Faultline and Firehouse Grill & Brewery in Sunnyvale, El Toro in Morgan Hill. Unfortunately, none of the ones mentioned by mbird and myself are terribly spectacular but that's all there is.

I had dinner at the Faultine on Wednesday and their Winter Strong was a fairly decent English Brown and the London Porter was pretty good. My boss felt the the IPA was somewhat mild.

Quick report back - haven't been to Gordon Biersch yet but I did go to Los Gatos Brewery - tried the stout which was good if served a bit warm for my taste - they had it on hand pump and were serving it at cellar temp (probably around english bitter temp i think). Also tried the pils which was pretty good actually, light, crisp authentic taste to it. Food was ok too I can recommend the place.

Back