Beer concentration market research

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy this product? (Hypothetical)

• I would buy it

• I would not buy it

• Need more info

Results are only viewable after voting.

Iordz

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have an elementary engineering class for which my group is "creating" a small fractional freezing unit. The unit could be used to create ice beer and concentrate juices. We have to do a little market research; however, it is hard to find to statistics for paraphernalia sales so I just wanted to create a simple poll. If anyone could answer I would be grateful so that I can put together a small chart (I know the group will not be big enough to generate legitimate statistics but this is a low level class).
Concentrating beer by removing ice crystals is not an illegal process. It is done to enhance the flavor and because homebrewers have a seance of adventure.

If a 1gal unit was designed to fit in your freezer that could be used to freeze a portion of the water in the beer and concentrate the alcohol content and then be siphoned out would you:
1. Buy the product if it were relatively cheap?
2. Not be interested?

The product can be used for applejack and ice wine and juice.

I don't think many homebrewers would be interested in a 1 gallon device. Our batches are generally 5+ gallons. A 1 gallon starting volume wouldn't give you much beer once you concentrate it down.

Additionally, we'd need something that's easy to take apart for cleaning and sanitizing. Depending how complex your device is, that might be a pain.

I'd be in if it doubled as an ice maker, otherwise I would not want to sacrifice the extra freezer space. So for now I guess I'll vote no.

EDIT - went with "need more info".

Back