Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just fired up the smoker..ive got a 10lb pork butt all slathered n mustard and rub over night..going between 250-275 on hardwood coals and pecan smoke..where's my beer!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403991176.574149.jpg

My wife went fishing last weekend and brought back some trout. Today I put some of the filets on the smoker to see how they would turn out.
Turns out the answer is "amazingly tasty".

After I pulled off the fish, I put a butterflied chicken in its place. It's been going for a while now, so probably getting close to ready at this point.

Breaking in my new smoker tomorrow I can't wait gonna try some ribs tomorrow that and been on the rub since noon. I have no idea what I'm doing it will be awesome or I have some pizza coupons either way

I'm not sure if my the flavors in my beer are off or complex 😳

Rager gone, Immediate shunning for "Bud Liight". Or perhaps the devil is in the details! Knowing you are an avid home brewer and this is shear sacrilege, perhaps you posted a.......FAKE!!! DUH DUH DAAAAAAAA!!!! So caught up in your desire to be accepted by the smoking meat crowd you brazenly overlooked the white elephant in the photo and posted in haste not realizing that your ruse could be so easily torn apart by one meddling kid and his dog scooby! ;) Seriously though WTF? Bud light? Were you re-hydrating between real beers?

Rager gone, Immediate shunning for "Bud Liight". Or perhaps the devil is in the details! Knowing you are an avid home brewer and this is shear sacrilege, perhaps you posted a.......FAKE!!! DUH DUH DAAAAAAAA!!!! So caught up in your desire to be accepted by the smoking meat crowd you brazenly overlooked the white elephant in the photo and posted in haste not realizing that your ruse could be so easily torn apart by one meddling kid and his dog scooby! ;) Seriously though WTF? Bud light? Were you re-hydrating between real beers?

That was somewhere around my 8th or 9th beer of the afternoon. That's what I get for going to other peoples' houses for barbecues. ****ty beer. :D

No idea what I'm doing but after some reading this is what I got. Rub was a little lacking but the sauce was good ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404084899.701329.jpg

Chicken thighs were on sale for .99 cents a lb, so I smoked 5 lbs of 'em. Got another 5 lb package in the freezer for later. Pictures a little blurry, but the flavor was good. The grill was actin up, so I didn't get as crispy of a skin as I would have liked.

20140629_173652.jpg

Currently smoking up two cheeseburger fatties. you know you are jealous. Unfortunately this is going to mean a very late night for me (I got distracted/caught up cleaning house).

Currently smoking up two cheeseburger fatties. you know you are jealous. Unfortunately this is going to mean a very late night for me (I got distracted/caught up cleaning house).

My kids are learning weaving at school the last couple of weeks and they brought some of their work home... my immediate thought (after I commended them on their great work) was to tell my wife about these amazing looking "fatties" and the streaky bacon weaving! Her response was it must be done!

My kids are learning weaving at school the last couple of weeks and they brought some of their work home... my immediate thought (after I commended them on their great work) was to tell my wife about these amazing looking "fatties" and the streaky bacon weaving! Here response was it must be done!

They are only 8 degrees off. Pics coming. You can show her. They are amazing.

No idea what I'm doing but after some reading this is what I got. Rub was a little lacking but the sauce was good View attachment 208379

Driz- happened to catch the grill you have there.... Not trying to hijack thread, but how do you like it. My concern is how thin the metal is.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just got a request for a pork butt for tomorrow's 4th of July/FIL's birthday celebration. Called the butcher to have him put one aside for me because they're popular items for the 4th.

Doing pulled pork for sammiches, ribs with 2 different sauces, ABTs, and smoked corn tomorrow...and that's just what's on the smoker.

Driz- happened to catch the grill you have there.... Not trying to hijack thread, but how do you like it. My concern is how thin the metal is.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It is not a quality smoker by any stretch but it is a 4 in 1. I like it and it was a gift. considering I did not pay for it I like it a little more

can I use non-kitchen twine to wrap my butt or will it burn in the smoker?

Suggestions? Don't want to go to the store...

Back