Apparently I need to make the jump to wine. (Craigslist score)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smee44

Reaction score
I need to share with everyone here on HBT my late Christmas/New Years present for myself.

(4) 6 gal Carboys
(1) 5 gal Carboy
(2) 3 gal Carboys
(2) 7 gal wine buckets
Bottling bucket
(2) Auto siphons
Corona Mill
Floor corker with bottle attachment
(~800) Natural corks, winery overruns
(~225) wine bottles
(2) Hydrometers
(2) Thermometers
(20) Double bubble airlocks
Many misc. stoppers and other pieces

All for the low low price of $250.

Now I must start researching wine and mead cause I can’t just let all these bottles set empty. You will all see “noob” threads in the wine and mead sections, as all I have made so far is apfelwein.

Phone pics, so poor quality.

0103101616c.jpg

0103101616b.jpg

0103101616a.jpg

I also meant to mention that the older gentlemen I bought the stuff from had easily 350-400 full bottles of wine in his basement And that was just the full racks that i saw. He may have had more. He said he was moving on to different hobbies. I believe he will be enjoying the fruits of his labors for many many more years.

Question, search didn't find me anything, What is the proper way to store corks long term? It would/will take me many years to use that many corks. FYI the corks are from around the 2000 time frame but he just opened the bag last year to cork his last few batches.

Thanks

I need to share with everyone here on HBT my late Christmas/New Years present for myself.

(4) 6 gal Carboys
(1) 5 gal Carboy
(2) 3 gal Carboys
(2) 7 gal wine buckets
Bottling bucket
(2) Auto siphons
Corona Mill
Floor corker with bottle attachment
(~800) Natural corks, winery overruns
(~225) wine bottles
(2) Hydrometers
(2) Thermometers
(20) Double bubble airlocks
Many misc. stoppers and other pieces

All for the low low price of $250.

Now I must start researching wine and mead cause I can’t just let all these bottles set empty. You will all see “noob” threads in the wine and mead sections, as all I have made so far is apfelwein.

Phone pics, so poor quality.

0103101616c.jpg

0103101616b.jpg

0103101616a.jpg
Nice... you beat me to it.

Nice score! I'll be there with you in the wine newb department. Having done mostly beer so far, I just got my 3rd & 4th batches of wine going, with a 5th on deck. With all your new carboys, you should be well set up for building a good pipeline.

Yea now i just need to figure out what to brew and where to put it all. I will be moving in March, to a house/duplex rather than my apartment, so I think I will wait to really fill the pipe line till after that happens. Now i need to find a place with a nice basement for storing the pipeline.

Back