Help to find a Natural Gas Grill - Built-in Unit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
I have a natural gas stub on my back patio, and am making plans to build a simple outdoor kitchen. My patio is about 20'x9' and I want to build a counter with a BBQ dropout. The space between the post and the wall is exactly 8' 6". I have some black granite scraps that I'll be using for the countertop, and I have 2 sections that are about 4' long and 26" wide. I also have a 4" backsplash of the same granite that is about 7' long.

I want to do a drop-in/built-in style natural gas grill right in the middle, but I'm unsure what brand is good or what price I should aim for. Seems like prices range from $500 to above $7,000. I love my BBQ, but I'm really after a solid grill that is pretty versatile. I do hot dogs, hamburgers, pork chops, chicken and the occasional brisket or pork shoulder. So...any advice or experiences you can share?

Here's a couple pics to give you an idea of the project space:

Area for outdoor kitchen:
DSCF0207.JPG

Granite for countertop:
DSCF0231.JPG

And here is a pic that looks similar to what I want to do:
IMG_0110.JPG

Just trying to bump the thread...anyone have a built-in they like/don't like? Trying to get an idea what price range will get me a decent grill, and what brands to look for.

are you 100% sold on gas?

Yes. As much as I love the taste of true smoked BBQ, the gas is just a convenience and time factor. Usually 1-2 times a week I get home from work around 6pm, and aim to eat dinner by 6:30pm. I don't have time to wait for a coals to get ready. And to be honest, most of the food I cook on the BBQ doesn't deserve any good charcoal. :D

EDIT: At some point, I do want to get a good smoker, most likely the BGE. About once a month I'll do a nice tri-tip, pork loin or shoulder...and that stuff on a propane grill is just barely passable :(.

understood!

get a gasser and when you get your BGE, you'll have something to keep your bbq tools in.

;o)

Although I do not own this grill, the two people I know who do, highly recommend it. When I'm due for a new gas grill, this will be the one I buy.

Broilmaster

Man, those built in broilmasters look sweet. What's your plan for the structure? You said you didn't want to do brick. Cinder blocks with some sort of interlocking cover over it?

Man, those built in broilmasters look sweet. What's your plan for the structure? You said you didn't want to do brick. Cinder blocks with some sort of interlocking cover over it?

I've seen some kits that you can order that have metal frames, and you cover them with cement board. You can either stucco over them, or skin it with brick or any other stone. I like the natural stone look, but I'm not sure how it will work with the black granite.

Back