First brew success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woundedwolf

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me in my threads, or whose threads I've read in order to make this brew a success. I cracked into it a little early (5 days after bottling), but I couldn't wait anymore. I brewed Midwest's Autumn Amber Ale and it is fantastic! The hops definitely need to mellow (they were present in primary fermentation), but it is a tasty brew indeed!

Thanks again! I can't wait for round 2.

Congrats! I just bottled my first brew (Northern Brewers Black IPA) and am anxiously waiting for the bottles to carb up.

I couldn't wait either, just bottled my first batch (Belgian White beer) a few days ago. It tastes great!

I ordered a 5-gallon keg and CO2 setup. Does that mean I can skip the waiting period on bottles? Or should I let the beer "rest" before kegging and drinking? (Talking about wheat beer)

I have no clue, I was actually wondering this myself. That is going to be my next big investment probably.

Congrats to all first-batchers, it's a great feeling.

Thanks. I've always had a negative opinion of home brew; I don't like hoppy flavor, and learned to like beer by drinking Bavarian wheat beers in Germany. A pretty high bar, and few home brewers could match that. Mostly it was sour, hoppy, beer, that I couldn't even drink, really.

I'm still in shock, since my Belgian White beer is really good, even by my snobby European standards :)

Life is good.

Kegging will get beer carbonated faster, but not conditioned. It will still have that "green beer" taste - often described as apple-y.

So I have been drinking my black ipa. Here is my newbie advice: the beer after two weeks vs 3 weeks in the bottle is night and day. The 3 week beer is way better and has better carb and head. Listen to the people, patience! Give it time in the bottle. It is worth the wait!

Back