whirlpooling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainoverspray

Reaction score
Just brewed a honey wheat with orange Peel and some coriander. Did a whirlpool and I have to say I am now a believer of it.

ForumRunner_20120104_203110.jpg

ForumRunner_20120104_203157.jpg

I did let it sit I guess i left that out. I sitrred like a mad man then put the lid on and waited till it stopped spinning in the BK then drained it to the carboy.

yes whole hops mess it up unless you have a screen or a hopblocker. I did yoopers pale ale with some home grown hops that were growing with my grapes and one cone plugged the valve. I might of been able to rack it with out problem, but my auto syphon took a dump on my and will not prime. I really need a do up a keggle and a pump to do this right.

How long do you let your zero minute hop additions steep before cooling?

i will also add that the nice little cone looks great but my eff reall sucked on this brew and my last. I am going to buy a mill of my own to try and correct this. both were ren through the same LHBS mill. Previous was 10% higher.

Back