All Foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogslovebeer

Reaction score
This is my second kegged batch the first one went so damn fast it threw off my brewing schedule, so I had force carb this batch. I think I went a little over board. Its been in the kegerator (at 38*)since sat 1.17 I set it to 30 and shook the **** out of it a couple times. anyway every test glass (served at 5 psi)has been all foam, all foam and I let it sit get a little beer in the bottom and that beer has no carb, none(but its damn tasty). Its a Hefe so I want it super carbed. it sat at 20 psi for the last two days now I just have the gas off and am at a loss.
Help I am a very Thirsty Man:drunk:

The tube length was pre cut for the fridge, tower set up I have by the HBS, and It worked out perfectly the first time

It sounds over carbed to me. If I'm reading right it had 2 - 3 days at 30psi, then another 2 days at 20psi. I've never gone over 2 days at 30psi, then down to serving pressure for a day or two.

Your system may also not be balanced.

It sounds over carbed to me. If I'm reading right it had 2 - 3 days at 30psi, then another 2 days at 20psi. I've never gone over 2 days at 30psi, then down to serving pressure for a day or two.

Your system may also not be balanced.

I think i over carbed also but the beer it self has no carb in it, maybe because it had to sit and settle, any way what do i do if i over carbed

and damn you guys are fast thanks for the help!!!!:mug:

I find that my wheat beers have more head to them, by definition i think plus they are usually more carbonated. I would increase the length. Its cheap and can't hurt. Remember to stay with 3/16" line. I also would do what Kilted said (next time) 30 PSI for 2 days then serving pressure. I dont shake any more cuz I just ended up with overcarbed beer.

I find that my wheat beers have more head to them, by definition i think plus they are usually more carbonated. I would increase the length. Its cheap and can't hurt. Remember to stay with 3/16" line. I also would do what Kilted said (next time) 30 PSI for 2 days then serving pressure. I dont shake any more cuz I just ended up with overcarbed beer.

Don't get me wrong I love head:D
I think I will look into the line length and no more shaking, patience. I've got some more fermenters now so that this brew scheduling issue doesn't cause me any more heart ache. I couldn't get to the HBS because the road to town was closed for a week by avalanches.

Latest posts

Back