Help another CO2 leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcabrew

Reaction score
So i finally am 90% done with my kegerator build. last weekend i started to carb up a keg and it appeared i had no leaks. so today i hookup my dual co2 distributer and made sure there were no leaks coming from lines using my star san spray bottle. but now it appears that there is a hissing from the purge valve on the regulater!!! i dont know what to do!!!! no leaks anywhere else is this a leak or some kind? i did have the co2 tank and keg sitting outside today as i worked on the kegerator build and it was very cold being in the northeast i think current temps are in the low 30s.... please help any advice would be appreciated. not sure if i should maybe let everything come back down to room temp? im baffled
:mad::(:confused:

I don't think temp has anything to do with a hissing sound....is everything tightened? I have had leaks coming from the lines but never from the regulator. How is your tubing tightened at the regulator? Try tightening that, sometimes when you move it around the seal loosens a little bit...

I had a similar issue, so I cheated.

I was talking to the guy at the CO2 refill shop and he was OK with me putting one or 2 turns of teflon tape around the threads. I also hit the gasket with a small schmear of KegLube to help seal the whole thing. So far, so good.

Enjoy!

Everything is tightned as much as it can be. I tried some teflon tape but the leak is not coming from where it threads its actually coming through the tiny hole in the middle of the purge valve where the co2 purges gets relaesed when purged.

Back