"Do A Search" <--- I'm sick of seeing this.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO a good rule of thumb is search first, if you're still confused about something or still wanting more on a particular topic, start a new thread. While I think a sharp "use the search" response may be discouraging to new users or folks who aren't familiar with forum edict, posting a question without first doing at least a little bit of digging is just lazy. This site has a fantastic amount of information. I spent a lot of time reading through sticky threads and other folk's posts before posting anything, or registering for that matter. Funny thing is, friends who have been brewing longer than I have say, where do you get this stuff? My answer, I read.

Being pretty new to brewing compared to many on this board, I know that others have run into the same problems and questions that I've run into, so the answers are out there. And the beautiful thing about the net is that you don't have to dig through a bizillion books to find the answer you're looking for. You just have to do a little searching.

On a side note, the volume of information I've gained from this site is what made me decide to buy a membership. A good book costs at least as much as a one year membership and I challenge anyone to get nearly as much info from any single printed book.

Just my
twocents.gif
:D

Of course there's also this if you want to be particularly sarcastic. :p

It is a couple of layers of links in, but part numbers are in the Kegging FAQ's thread.

hehehe Guess I should have read that huh? :drunk:

It just goes back to my point. You can search all day long and still come up empty.

that's why I help when I can, punt when I'm too busy, and at least offer search terms that have worked for me if I send them to the magic button...

I do have to add too though that the Google search function was a welcome addition to the board. The built-in search isn't very good.

A good book costs at least as much as a one year membership and I challenge anyone to get nearly as much info from any single printed book.

Just my
twocents.gif
:D

Of course there's also this if you want to be particularly sarcastic. :p

Thats good to say, and from the internet, you can learn anything from laying your own tile to pulling teeth. It may take quite a few weeks of searching around to get the BEST advice. I bet for $5 at a thrift shop, you can find a book that will get your new floor installed that afternoon if you woke early enough to start.

This site is still extremely excellent, and I have been reading a ton of new information that's not in the BJCP study guide or Palmer's book. I will search often, and limit wasting my time with the wrong tags, and ask for assistance when entering the most efficient tag phrase for searching.

:mug:

Back