Getting back into beer making, Looking to filtering my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewin2

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm trying to get back into beer making after a couple year hiatus. I'm looking at filtering my beer this time around and I would like some suggestions on an easy cost effective way to do it. I have a keg setup but only one corny, although I do have a carboy and brew bucket to rack into.

I have done some research and it seems I need a filter housing and some sort of filter. As I understand it, I cannot use a regular reverse osmosis filter as those have carbon in them? Is filtering beer as simple as going to a water filtration outfit and getting a filter housing and a non-carbon filter?

Thanks!

Is filtering beer as simple as going to a water filtration outfit and getting a filter housing and a non-carbon filter?

That's all it takes. I use 2-5 micron filters.

2113-img_1360.jpg

Nice setup, does anyone know of hand what size tube fits the corny quick connectors?
is it a polypropylene filter that I'm looking for? Are the filters reusable?

thanks

Mine are 1/4", poly filter and I reuse them. I back-flush and sanitize before storing.

Back