Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's everyone playing these days? Ghosts is awful; maps, weapons and streaks all blow. Looking forward to Titanfall, and South Park is only 2 weeks away! (supposedly)

My sister's fiance raved about Ghosts. Literally every other person I've talked to thought it sucked. I'm not sure what he saw in it.

I'm a little behind on my gaming these days. I just finished up The Last of Us recently and I'm working on AC IV: Black Flag right now. I wasn't really planning on getting it, but my wife picked up a used copy. The naval combat is fun, but I'm getting tired of the regular AC gameplay. When the series decided to go the CoD route of "let's ditch the story and put out a new game every year because people keep buying it!" I lost interest.

My sister's fiance raved about Ghosts. Literally every other person I've talked to thought it sucked. I'm not sure what he saw in it.

I'm a little behind on my gaming these days. I just finished up The Last of Us recently and I'm working on AC IV: Black Flag right now. I wasn't really planning on getting it, but my wife picked up a used copy. The naval combat is fun, but I'm getting tired of the regular AC gameplay. When the series decided to go the CoD route of "let's ditch the story and put out a new game every year because people keep buying it!" I lost interest.

I think people either love or hate ghosts. For me It's just not fun like BlOps but my friend loves it.

I know what you mean about AC. When that game first came out I loved it, but now I've only made it through Brotherhood. Someday I'll get through revelations and III, but the new ones seem Meh.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Home Brew mobile app

I'm loving Rocksmith 2014 at the moment. It (and its predecessor) turned me from a totally **** guitarist into a almost mediocre guitarist. After almost 20 years of being the former that is quite an accomplishment!

ditto, heh :mug:

Was anyone able to play the Titanfall Beta?

Yes. It was pretty fun. A little bit repetitive, but it was a beta. I enjoyed the mech and the fps mixed into different types of games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Home Brew mobile app

I think if Titanfall could be huge if people buy it. It wouldn't be fair to compare it to COD version 7 with its massive budget. It doesn't have single player, split-screen, or even off-line training. It was built simply for online multi-player.

I think EA owning it means it's doomed from the start, and only being on xbox and pc probably means a limited audience and a lack of financing for future versions based on limited sales.

It was fun though and I will probably buy it when it comes out simply because I love multiplayer games. I found BF4 and Ghosts to be completely lacking entertainment value.

Wifey gave me a XBONE for valentines day; best present ever.
I got Ghosts but is is more of the same, nothing new. Campaign was fun however, much better than battlefield campaign.
Nothing really out for Xbone that I want to play.

Looking forward for Southpark; I would pre-order it on PC but Cartman would call me an idiot for pre-ordering games.

Wifey gave me a XBONE for valentines day; best present ever.
I got Ghosts but is is more of the same, nothing new. Campaign was fun however, much better than battlefield campaign.
Nothing really out for Xbone that I want to play.

Looking forward for Southpark; I would pre-order it on PC but Cartman would call me an idiot for pre-ordering games.

Pretty much every COD since MW or at the latest Black Ops has been the same. EA has been Madden-ing their games to keep making sequels to keep making money. Haven't bought a COD game since MW2. I've played all of them, but they're not worth my money.

Pretty much every COD since MW or at the latest Black Ops has been the same. EA has been Madden-ing their games to keep making sequels to keep making money. Haven't bought a COD game since MW2. I've played all of them, but they're not worth my money.

For some reason I keep buying the COD titles by Infinity Ward; every two years I pick up the latest Battlefield and COD. These titles are very Madden like where there are few features that set them apart from the previous version. Unfortunately, if you like multiplayer you have to play sheep and move with the herd or get left behind in a lonely lobby.

FYI
Battlefield is EA; COD is Activision or EA light.

What's everyone playing these days? Ghosts is awful; maps, weapons and streaks all blow. Looking forward to Titanfall, and South Park is only 2 weeks away! (supposedly)

I have been playing COD for years with a group and we all pretty much agree that Ghosts is terrible. Swiss cheese maps and they have some serious latency issues that they don't seem to be willing to fix. Some of us downloaded the Titan beta, from my perspective the networking was solid, I didn't spend all my time cussing about misses or someone killing me who wasn't even looking at me. I also thought the two maps they presented were well designed which is impressive. The guns were not bad; however, I really withhold my full impression until I see things when everything is unlocked. But, for the networking improvements compared to COD alone, I won't be playing anymore COD anytime soon.

Also, I have really been enjoying the new AC, my favorite in the series.

I have been playing COD for years with a group and we all pretty much agree that Ghosts is terrible. Swiss cheese maps and they have some serious latency issues that they don't seem to be willing to fix. Some of us downloaded the Titan beta, from my perspective the networking was solid, I didn't spend all my time cussing about misses or someone killing me who wasn't even looking at me. I also thought the two maps they presented were well designed which is impressive. The guns were not bad; however, I really withhold my full impression until I see things when everything is unlocked. But, for the networking improvements compared to COD alone, I won't be playing anymore COD anytime soon.

Also, I have really been enjoying the new AC, my favorite in the series.

I hear due to latancy issues though Titanfall is limited to 6 players and a handful of bots? whats with that? Otherwise it does look pretty awesome.

I actually never played MW2. I lost interest in multiplayer after the old socom until my friends got me completely hooked on BlOps 1. It just seems downhill since then. Horde from the Gears series was a lot of fun, but no one else seems to be making AAA multiplayer. Now seems like the perfect time to dethrone COD for good.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Home Brew mobile app

It's been about a week since I've played but I was obsessing over skyrim lately. I know, it's a bit old but I never got around to it and it was sucking the life out of me.

I also started trying to work my way through Outlast again. It's a horror survival game. Only way to play is at night, no lights with headphones on IMO. I'm such a wuss though I can usually only make it fifteen minutes or so before shutting it off. It's too much for me. Check out these trailers if you want.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238320/

I hear due to latancy issues though Titanfall is limited to 6 players and a handful of bots? whats with that? Otherwise it does look pretty awesome.

I'm not too worried about the 6 player/team max if the map design is good. However, the bots were nothing but fodder...they really need to bump up the AI on them. It is also annoying that it can be really hard to differentiate them from another player...I got shot up pretty bad because the other team learned to use the bots as camo. Overall I was pretty happy with what I saw, good fast paced well designed game play...and even the beta ran smoother than COD.

For some reason I keep buying the COD titles by Infinity Ward; every two years I pick up the latest Battlefield and COD. These titles are very Madden like where there are few features that set them apart from the previous version. Unfortunately, if you like multiplayer you have to play sheep and move with the herd or get left behind in a lonely lobby.

FYI
Battlefield is EA; COD is Activision or EA light.

You are correct, that was a mistype on my behalf. I meant to type Activision not EA but because my thought went to Madden I must have crossed some wires.

Activision for me is even worse than EA. Activision just keeps repackaging the same products. EA at least kept some good studios in business (liek Bioware)

I find the bots fun because they were so stupid. It's not like the cheap AI in CoD where you die just to balance the game.

I find the bots fun because they were so stupid. It's not like the cheap AI in CoD where you die just to balance the game.

I will give shooting them with the smart pistol is wildly entertaining...but, other than that, I want them to be a little smarter and easier to distinguish between players.

I thought that the AI in Ghosts (squad mode) were pretty tough.
There isn't a good way to distinguish between bots and human players; but it really doesn't matter in this game since whoever sees who first will usually win.
Is the gameplay in Titanfall different?

I tend to enjoy halo multiplayer more because it takes 3/4 of a gun magazine to take down an opponent.
Gives players like me who do not have the time and attention span to memorize the maps a fighting chance to get away and counterattack.

I had a few beers last night and watched the 13 minute gameplay video on Utube of the South Park game. Against my better judgement I went to steam and pre-ordered it on PC. Really looking forward to this one next week.

I remember Counter-Strike for PC, the Half-Life mod that ended up becoming a separate game. People are still playing it, although nowadays more people play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I still play the original CS, or sometimes CS:Source when I can't find enough good matches. Half-Life Deathmatch is fun too, but these days there generally aren't many matches to be had.

Sooooo Dark Souls II comes out this friday, anyone else buying it? I called one of my local Gamestops and the girl tells me that not only are they doing a midnight release, but they're also providing snack foods as well.

MY BODY IS READY.

tumblr_m9l88fs5Qk1rz3kcko1_500.png

Anyone try THE STICK OF TRUTH yet? I was ready to preorder it then it was delayed like 6mo and I kind of lost interest.... it has soooo much potential tho

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

Anyone try THE STICK OF TRUTH yet? I was ready to preorder it then it was delayed like 6mo and I kind of lost interest.... it has soooo much potential tho

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

Not yet, but I was reading the review on Gamespot and while they said it was mostly funny, they said it was also really easy and simplistic. I might wait to pick up a used copy.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yes, 12 hours in.
It is an old school open world JRPG. Reminds me mostly of Super Mario RPG for the SNES.
Nothing new here as far as gameplay is concerned. The battle mechanics are simple and the map pointers make sure you always know where to go next.
This approach makes the game accessible to casual gamers; this game was made for the fans of South Park, not hardcore gamers.
The game still feels unfinished, item crafting mechanics look to have been scrapped. Lots of detailed junk items are littered around the world that have no practical use; they would have benefited from having a Bethesda crafting system.

That said, I am a huge South Park fan and this is great fan service. As expected the story and voice acting is superb.
I couldn't have asked for any more from Matt and Trey, this is an authentic Southpark experience.
It plays like an uncensored Southpark episode. The entire town is there and open for exploration.
The game is a big Easter egg hunt, references to nearly every episode of the series can be found.
Break your play time up in segments and you will never stop laughing; if you play it in long segments then you may get desensitized to the humor just like if you watched a marathon of the show.

I just fought the underpants gnomes; just wow.

I just picked up One Finger Death Punch and it's a blast. $4 on sale right now. It's amazing how much fun you can have using only the left and right mouse buttons.

I'm about five hours in on South Park : Stick of Truth and I'm loving it so far. If you are a fan of the show you need to play this game.

I just finished it. Many WTF moments in this game.
I may be biased, but for me it is well worth the price tag. Feels like an entire season of the show squeezed into a single episode.
I am very surprised that they were able to get away with a M rating on this game; the ESRB must not have played it all the way through.

I finished this game last night. Totally worth the money in my opinion. There were many hilarious moments in the game that had me laughing out loud. I agree with mredge...it's definitely not something to play in front of the kids, and the first half of the game is downright tame compared to the latter half.

Sooooo Dark Souls II comes out this friday, anyone else buying it? I called one of my local Gamestops and the girl tells me that not only are they doing a midnight release, but they're also providing snack foods as well.

MY BODY IS READY.

tumblr_m9l88fs5Qk1rz3kcko1_500.png

Played it for at least 45 hours since Friday. Good lord is it gooooooood!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Home Brew mobile app

Heard great things about the original, but mostly how hard it is.
Does the new one share the same learning curve?

Heard great things about the original, but mostly how hard it is.
Does the new one share the same learning curve?

Yes it is still brutal.

Don't treat death as failure in these games though, that is the path to ruin. Sometimes the best strategy to overcome a tough enemy is to go in with the intention of dying so you can learn the enemies attack patterns.

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online quite a bit. I actually just created the Homebrewer's guild just for fun to see how many other brewers there are on there. My username on there is Brewdiver if anyone plays and wants a guild invite.

I know this is a longshot but is anybody playing Titanfall on the 360? I like playing shooters in groups but the only person on my friend's list playing titanfall is my brother. If you are interested in playing send me a request "n8 b 77"

I know this is a longshot but is anybody playing Titanfall on the 360? I like playing shooters in groups but the only person on my friend's list playing titanfall is my brother. If you are interested in playing send me a request "n8 b 77"

I bought it for my brother for his birthday last month on the XBone....I love it, there's a lot to get used to, but once you do it's amazing. I just wish I had a One so I could play it as well. (he lives about 8 hours away from me)

Back