Irish Stout Ode To Arthur, Irish Stout (Guinness Clone)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tapped this recipe. Tastes great, even after less than a week in the keg. I don’t know about it being a guiness replica, because guiness has that minerL taste from the water, but as a nice dry stout recipe, I wouldn’t change a thing.

By the way, does anyone get a fair amount of vanilla scent in this beer? Wondering if it is normal.

Just tapped this recipe. Tastes great, even after less than a week in the keg. I don’t know about it being a guiness replica, because guiness has that minerL taste from the water, but as a nice dry stout recipe, I wouldn’t change a thing.
Do you not make mineral adjustments to your water? If you want Guinness water, all the information you need to do so is readily available.

Just for the record...

Been years since I posted on this thread and I've made many of dark brews in pursuit of the perfect pour. Guess what. This one may be the best yet.
As I prepare to make another batch let me offer my gratitude and thanks to BierMuncher for a job well done.

Cheers my friend!

Just for the record...

Been years since I posted on this thread and I've made many of dark brews in pursuit of the perfect pour. Guess what. This one may be the best yet.
As I prepare to make another batch let me offer my gratitude and thanks to BierMuncher for a job well done.

Cheers my friend!
This post could not possibly have happened at a better time. I had narrowed it down to this and one other stout recipe that I was planning on making this weekend. This makes my decision much easier... Thanks @Sudz

Just got my ingredients to brew this. Trying to keep my pipeline full while giving this brew adequate time to bulk condition. I have been using exclusively Omega's Voss Kveik yeast since last year in all of my brews (including an oatmeal stout about a year ago). I also haven't done a secondary since I picked up the hobby again two years ago. I planned on leaving this to ferment for a week and condition for two weeks before bottling.

Has anyone observed a minimum time before this beer is ready to drink? I've got plenty of bottles to let it condition in the bottles for a little while. Any thoughts?

Back