I need help coming up with a recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaneoco1981

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I am going to be doing a BIG batch (more like 2 - 10 gallon batches of the same stuff.) I need about 20 gallons to bottle for my sisters wedding for her to have as place setters, and that's what they are going to use for their toast. So, my question is, does anyone have a good extract batch that's a lighter ale? Maybe a cream ale? Any thoughts?

I would keep life simple and order a kit from somewhere like Northern Brewer. Maybe make a slight twist to the recipe to make it your own.

I assume your looking for something that is going to be drinkable by a large diverse group. Are all 20 gallons going to have to be the same thing?

I would check out some of Biermunchers recipes. If you need it to be extract, than you might try the Centennial Blonde. I haven't had it, but it gets rave reviews and is supposed to be appealing to a wide range of people. Or perhaps something like Edwort's haus PA also gets a lot of great reviews, and can be brewed all extract I believe as well

And if you are making 20 gallons of it I wouldn't necessarily recommend buying 4 kits. You can figure out what ingredients you need, and save some money on buying bulk hops and probably bulk extract.

Also you can make up enough yeast from one packet for all 4 batches if you do it right.

I assume your looking for something that is going to be drinkable by a large diverse group. Are all 20 gallons going to have to be the same thing?

I would check out some of Biermunchers recipes. If you need it to be extract, than you might try the Centennial Blonde. I haven't had it, but it gets rave reviews and is supposed to be appealing to a wide range of people. Or perhaps something like Edwort's haus PA also gets a lot of great reviews, and can be brewed all extract I believe as well

Darn, ya beat me to it! +1 for Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde:mug:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/centennial-blonde-simple-4-all-grain-5-10-gall-42841/

I would have to agree with the Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde.

Makes a great beer, light clean and very drinkable by the masses...

My lemon version:
lemon1.JPG

Latest posts

Back