Cornie Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
Quick question for anyone who is in the know...

Do they still make new cornie kegs now that Coke and Pepsi have moved to different containers (so Ive heard) rather than cylinders?

I know that new cornies are sold by brew supply companies, and they can be bought, but I was wondering was if they are still being mass produced for any other industries other than brew supply houses.

My main concern is either stocking up on ball lock kegs now in the event there is a limited supply.

I think I recall reading somewhere that they were not going to continue them once all the soda cos converted. I can't remember where though :confused: It might have been someone selling them who was trying to stir up a panic so he could sell more.

2nd Street Brewery said:
I think I recall reading somewhere that they were not going to continue them once all the soda cos converted. I can't remember where though :confused: It might have been someone selling them who was trying to stir up a panic so he could sell more.

LOL....I believe that was on "Keg King's" website....or maybe his eBay auctions.

Sam75 said:
LOL....I believe that was on "Keg King's" website....or maybe his eBay auctions.

Is his the auctions that have a HUGE pile of cornies stacked up? Hmmmm....that might be where I read that come to think of it....

But at any rate, I'm pretty sure cornies aren't as popular with the soda companies as they once were, so I'm still going to slowly acquire extra cornies just in case. :)

Back