Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The past two times the Tide got their ass handed to them in the championship game, the Pats went on to win the Super Bowl. Do we even need to play the rest out?

Hahahahahahaha! Parkey defended - by big beer.

upload_2019-1-8_10-41-54.png

I hope the league gets really upset when the Patriots basically break the Rooney Rule.

They won't give anyone else any legit consideration. Anyone they bring in won't have a shot. It's a farce. When that day comes I hope they can find a way to make an example out of the McDaniels hiring.

haha! If it comes to that I doubt the league pops an aneurism about hiring from within after the Patriots (like every team in the same situation) goes through the same motions every other team goes through.

Anyway, do the names "Fears" or "Flores" mean anything to you? Or "Cabrera" or "Mayo"?

Just because the Patriots have minority assistant coaches doesn't mean they're incapable of violating the Rooney Rule, or making a mockery of it.

IMHO, this is setting them up to make a mockery of it when Belicheck leaves.

It'll likely be a couple years before we see it happen, though.

After skimming this thread, I’ve seen an overwhelming amount of talk about the patriots, and other irrelevant teams. It’s time everyone faces the facts, the New Orleans Saints are the number one team in the NFL. Who is that exclaiming that they will defeat the New Orleans Saints?! (Fingers crossed)

I've been saying this for years...
Meh, I don't agree. BB wasn't considered the greatest coach when Brady was drafted. He had just come off bad stints with the Browns and the Jets. I don't see this as luck at all. I would liken it more to the Beatles. All great artists on their own accord, put them all together something special happens, luck has nothing to do with it.

Back