Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzoflick

Reaction score
I am going to be purchasing some used kegs from homebrewing.org soon. I am going for the $3 option to get new O-rings but am wondering about the option for Poppits. Are poppits the same as fittings? Do they not normally come with the kegs? My system is currently setup for sankey and I want to be able to keg asap when I get this bad boy in the mail. What extra should I buy.

Thanks

You will need the ball lock fittings, there pretty cheap. Picked them up at the LHBS with some yeast for $15.

I went with the poppets thinking they were the fittings, but they are the internal portions of the ball lock assemblies. I don't think I'lll install them, the kegs held pressure pretty well. I'll see when I fully disassemble everything to clean and sanatize them (no chlorine (bleach) based cleaner/sanatizers on the stainless)
Might not be a bad idea to order them on a couple of the kegs so you have them on hand if you ever need them in the future.

As long as you already have the tubing to ballance out you system thte fittings are all you should need. One NC liquid and NC gas ball lock fitting per keg that will be pressurized.

Back