Keg setup for wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da5idzero

Reaction score
Hi all,
My fiance and I are going to Michigan for our wedding on October fourth. We are planning on a keg from the Right Brain, and maybe two from Short's (huma lupa licious, and noble chaos if we're lucky). We corny, but we haven't yet sanked!

I am planning out the list of couplers, fittings, and hose that we will need, and I am stuck at the cooling factor. We will be staying in Frankfort for a week, and we could buy a few keg buckets and lots of ice, or maybe a jockey box would use less ice. I will be bringing a co2 tank (and last falls hard cider for the toast!) but the rest needs to be bought, or possibly rented. We will be in Traverse City for a week before the wedding. I will probably just go ahead and order two sanke couplers, the fittings, and hose, etc.., but I would love to get some better idea of how to keep the beer cool for possibly up to a week (who knows how long it will last?!)
If we were bringing the beer (we thought about it!) we'd probably try out Biermunchers trashcan corny cooler, but I figure I can use these couplers again (and again...).

So, ice buckets, jockey box, rent a cooler (anyone in TC have three keg keezer for rent?!), or to put it more clearly, what would YOU do?

Thanks, David

A week is a lot of bags of ice to keep buying, but worst case scenario would work.

I would go the begging route. Where the wedding will be held probably has a walk in cooler. Beg for that space.

The place where you are buying the kegs from certainly has a cooler. Beg to pay first, and pick up later.

Mention over and over that it is your wedding, and that this would be the BEST present this establishment could give you.

If you are going to that area due to friends / family, you could try and craigslist a quick and cheap fridge between now and then.

I don't know if any of that will help, but congrats on the wedding.

Back