Anything wrong with this Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwheelz

Reaction score
Hey all!

Fortunately/unfortunately (however you choose to see it) I have more money than time available to me at the moment and am not much on DIY projects. I'm looking at purchasing this to get me started into Kegging.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=186

My question is, is there anything obviously wrong with this set up? Anything I'm going to regret if I get this? I'm looking to get the upgrade to SS faucets and drip tray.

The only thing that caught my eye was the 5lb CO2. I think I would've preferred the 10lb. You think I can upgrade to a larger tank with that set up and how long will a 5lb tank last? I don't want to be refilling tanks every week. Thanks for any input!

Nothing wrong with that. I always look at things this way. What do I make an hour, what would it cost me to have someone else build it? If the numbers work out that I am wasting my hours (and have to be away from work or my kids to do it), I would usually farm it out. That being said, I am building a keezer, with a kit from Keg Cowboy, I just wait until the kids are asleep and I am off work to do it. At that stage, it is worth it to me.

Orlando

PS: 5 lbs last 5 corny kegs is what I have been told.

That's pretty much the same setup I built for myself. The 5# should last a while, considering that I have had my 10# for 3 years and have yet to refill it after force carbonating and serving something like 20 kegs now

That's pretty much the same setup I built for myself. The 5# should last a while, considering that I have had my 10# for 3 years and have yet to refill it after force carbonating and serving something like 20 kegs now

Great thats exactly what I wanted to hear, seems Like I'll be happy with everything that comes with it, and that tank sounds like it will last alot longer then I was invisioning.

Thanks all for the response!

Back