Dropped my pipette in my fermenter? Is it ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly_belly

Someday After A While
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
:drunk:Ha Ha just kidding. I did drop it in though, but hey I just left it in and grabbed another one. Had a great brew day. Brewed Orfy's Boddington but even better had a noob come over and brew his first batch ever. He made an AG Pale Ale. Every thing went well for both of us especially the RDWHAHB. Had EdWorts Kolsch and Haus Pale Ale on tap. Thank you EdWort. Hit correct mash temps; sparges went well ( I fly'ed and he batched). Even better we both play guitar and had an excellent jam session. We even had the wifeys believing we behaved all day when they got home! It was a great day.:rockin:

DSC00586.jpg

Yes the day went very well.

shelly_belly knows his business. We brewed 2 batches at once with no muss and no fuss, still found time to drink and strum. Considering both batches were all-grain, that is something of an accomplishment.

The betterbottle is bubbling like crazy, temp is a little high though. I am in the process of raising the temp in the second fridge to something around 60 degrees to get a handle on it.

Got to get a refractometer, those things are sweet.

Need to find a more efficient way to sparge when the grain is in a nylon mesh laundry bag. It kept smothering the braid. Anybody got advice along those lines? s_b parted with his extra false bottom which is awesome, but I am wondering if there is a way to use a mesh bag and remove the need for any sort of filter.

Possibly finer mesh?

Back