Books

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMac

Reaction score
I've been reading "Homebrewing for Dummies" and "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing" by Charlie Papazian to get started. They've been helpful but I've been hearing a lot of rave about John Palmer's book "How to Brew." Which books have you found to be most helpful and informative?

By far the most helpful book that I have come across is "Designing Great Beers" by Ray Daniels. It's essential for anyone that's curious about how to create their own recipes. Another good one is "Brewing Classic Styles" by Jamil Z. It's got great base recipes in it.

I've got the following for reference materials:

Radical Brewing by Mosher
Designing Great Beers by Daniels
How To Brew by Palmer

I'm a n00b who's almost obsessive about doing research on new hobbies. I've obtained and perused every book on the subject I'm aware has been published. I just finished a more careful cover-to-cover read of Palmer's book, and feel safe recommending it as readable, thorough, and consistently well-regarded by the community at large, which is no insignificant qualification in, er, my book. :)

Latest posts

Back