Faucet selection... opinions needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yuri_Rage said:
The kit comes with a nice digital thermometer that told me my kegerator wasn't cold enough...guess I have several issues to solve. I'll keep you posted as I gain more experience.

That looks like my Haier Kegerator. I had to take the thermostat off the back and remove the cover. Inside you'll see a recessed set screw. Turn it counter clockwise a quarter of a turn and let the temp drop.

Mine has worked great after I dialed it down. :mug:

Thanks for the advice, EdWort...just the info I was looking for! Indeed, it's a Haier - got a great deal on the "floor model" at the local Best Buy.

Just tapped my version of Alton Brown's Good Brew from the Good Eats homebrewing episode (will post the recipe if you like). The Turbotap works as advertised - as long as your beer is nice and cold, you get a consistently good pour. Again, I threw money at a problem until it was solved, and I think it's a little overpriced, but it does work nicely. Perhaps I'll write up a product review thread.
:mug:

A pint just after pouring from the Turbotap:

4688-turbotap.JPG

Back