is anyone else fasting for lent?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spearko520

Reaction score
i promised my wife i would give up food every friday for dopplebock, i mean lent. I may go drunkorexic a few more days, to boot...
I'm also shaving my head so i can put my vane habit of tousling my curls in the mirror on hold.
anyone else putting a vice on the backburner?

With the cost of gas going up past $4/gallon, I think HE would want us to not give up brew. That's what I'm telling the SWMBO, which gets me the eye roll. Giving up fast food, hopefully my waist line will thank me.

With the cost of gas going up past $4/gallon, I think HE would want us to not give up brew. That's what I'm telling the SWMBO, which gets me the eye roll. Giving up fast food, hopefully my waist line will thank me.

that's actually what i am giving up too!!!- i actually started on monday to see if i could do it. salads are so bleh, but i'm going to poop my fat away!!!
i wish i was on meth, so i could give that up... and be skinny.

Every year I say to myself, "lets give up drinking for Lent. Think of the lack of hangovers, the more productive workouts, the more money..." then I think "my birthday is during Lent, my wife's birthday is during Lent, I travel for work to breweries, I'm going on vacation...not going to happen."

I gave up hand-rolled cigarettes I had been smoking. They are so good, though. Mmmm. I could go for another one right now! But I won't! :)

Meh, when does this start?

I'll think of something small just to cover my bases with God ;)

I'm giving up sweets for Lent. The wife asked me on our way to Mass this evening what I was giving up for Lent...Fast Food-already ate it today, Soda-already drank about 40zo of Coke, Chewing Tobacco-blew that one by about 7:00am, Curse Words-already dropped the F-bomb a few times today, Beer-already drank today (to be fair, was checking the carbonation on an IPA I was force carbing), but hadn't had any sweets though...so I'm giving up sweets for Lent.

Except for cake on my son's 1st birthday. It will on the Saturday before Easter. I am going to have ONE piece of cake then.

I was thinking of giving up food and just drinking beers instead. Only problem is that logistically, its really tough. Lunch comes, and my stomach starts bemoaning my choices.

I'm holding off on the hookers and blow until after Easter.
well i'm not running for pope or anything- but it has been like 34 hours with nothing but beer. i am getting very hungry and don't know if i will make it until midnite! being a fatso sucks.

Being retired & loosing hormones has it's dissadvantages. I started munching too much during the day,& gained back the ton of weight I lost a couple of years ago. So I gave up drinking vodka with beer every night (rhumatiz medicine at this point). Just had to cut way back on the vodka. Don't even drink beer every night now. And I'm trying really hard not to eat all day. Being good at cooking baking,etc makes it tough though. But I'm doing fairly well. Just gotta find a way to afford low bad carb,low fat,high protien stuff to eat.
But I figured cutting out most of the vodka & eating all day should help my faultering hip sockets & that bad L2 disc.

3 out of four fridays with no food (2 thursdays on a fast too). the one i caved on was a friday after a 40th bday party at 7500 empire state building- i think i deserved sausage in the AM since my wifey puked in the cab on the way back to the BX

Back