Fermentation Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy981

Reaction score
I brewed a high gravity Wee Heavy PM and could not get it to ferment due to cold temps. The cold weather moved on and warmed up and the house warmed up to about 75 or 76 deg. the beer has spent it's whole fermentation at these temps is that going to hurt it? Also it came out as about 5.5 gallons and i didnt want to waste the beer so racked it into a 6.5 gallon carboy. Is the extra head space going to affect the beer?

What yeast did you use? The temp might affect the flavor a small bit. As for head space, you are 100% A OK!

Well, That yeast is best at 64 - 70. You didn't miss it by much. Your beer will be fine. If ya don't believe me, I'll send you my shipping address *grin*

Might get some estery/fruity tones but shouldn't be overwhelming, might even like em. 76-80F for most of fermentation you will really start to taste it though.

Back