jet bottle washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rookiecd

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie and I just bottled my 1st batch. I sanitized my bottles and I wanted to rinse the no rinse solution out of my bottles. I realize it was a no rinse solution, but I also noticed that there is a film on the bottles, so there is something left behind from this no rinse solution. Anyway, I boiled some water for 15 mins and pour some of this into each bottle using a sanitized funnel. I then swished it around the bottle and dumped the water out. I did this for each bottle. Very labor intensive! I received a video with my kit, and it showed that I could use a jet bottle washer to rinse the solution. But, although my water gets pretty hot, it's not boiling so I wonder if the jet bottle washer is going to introduce bacteria. I have well water and I drink it every day and it's just fine, but still I'm wondering ....

It's hard to say with well water. Levels that are safe for drinking are not necessarily good for bottling.

I'm not sure why your no rinse sanitizer was leaving a film. That's your real problem here. Use a jet washer to clean, and then a proper sanitizer (starsan or iodophor) to sanitize.

Back