What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need beer and lots of it.. they have evacuated about half of my small town so far today but not me yet. The air is considered extremely hazardous now..

ForumRunner_20130821_190526.png

ForumRunner_20130821_190548.png

ForumRunner_20130821_190809.png

LoloMT7 said:
I need beer and lots of it.. they have evacuated about half of my small town so far today but not me yet. The air is considered extremely hazardous now..

Forest fire?

I realize I'm not very smart, but how did UPS break the bottom of a 1L flip top and yet that delicate little glass is 100%?

I'm thinking because the glass was extra wrapped and put in a oatmeal container stuffed full of even more wrapping but honestly I really don't know.

This is a Kolsch I brewed for my brother's wedding in November. Gotta do quality control to see its evolution and make sure it's still good at the wedding, right?

If it's not til November you might need to drink this batch and re-brew. ;)

Bummer man. Not much you can do now but drink beer and hope for the best.

Cascade saison here. My 'epic' chore of corking and caging a couple cases of my latest saison seems a little easier knowing that's my big concern for the evening.

nukebrewer said:
This is a Kolsch I brewed for my brother's wedding in November. Gotta do quality control to see its evolution and make sure it's still good at the wedding, right?

Of course, quality control is of the utmost importance. I think you should take as many samples as necessary to be completely sure it's up to par. If that ends up being half the batch, so be it. ;)

LoloMT7 said:

Be safe man. I Hope it stays away from you.

If it's not til November you might need to drink this batch and re-brew. ;)

Would that I could. The rub is that the wedding is in Texas and I live in CT. Logistically speaking it would be quite an achievement to get two cases of beer to Texas in one piece. I don't trust UPS or the airline to treat that amount of beer appropriately. So I brewed it in time to take it down to FL where I was meeting TX family for my mom's b-day so they could take it back with them. All I can do now is hope that they're storing it properly.

Another picture..

My buddy just moved out there. He says that some nights it's hard to wake up and not feel like you're living in the edge of a volcano.

Good luck to you, man.

I have to imagine, though, in a few months when we start getting ice storms and blizzards, you'll be happy with where you live.

Noble Trappist homebrew (Midwest extract kit). It's been sitting in bottles since last November. It keeps tasting better all the time, though it was a little green the first few months. Not bad for my second brew ever, if I do say so.

I'll have to brew another one of those--AG next time.

DisturbdChemist said:
I found one too. Need to find another on e.

I found a specs that has quite a bit, they just put it out today. One of the guys told me they'll probably be gone by the end of the week.

Sounds like a tragedy! ;)

How's life on the water? :D

It was, but it also is why I have a proper ferm chamber now.

The water is great. Caught a nice brown, and some bass, the grill is going strong and the beer is flowing from my jockey box at a rate that should be alarming. The dog keeps sharing time between me on the boat and the wife on shore, she did come visit today in the paddle boat.

Gabe, can you elaborate a bit on that question?

And my bro in law just sent me this picture. Any of you ever try that?

IMG_0021_zpsd52e01c6.jpg

Berliner with taters

DisturbdChemist said:
Last year it just sat on the selves. Man too many people are beer geeks now lol

I know. It's getting ridiculous. I blame the Internet! ;)

Channel66 said:
It was, but it also is why I have a proper ferm chamber now.

The water is great. Caught a nice brown, and some bass, the grill is going strong and the beer is flowing from my jockey box at a rate that should be alarming. The dog keeps sharing time between me on the boat and the wife on shore, she did come visit today in the paddle boat.

I envy you right now. :D
Sounds like a good time. Enjoy it while you can before the kid arrives and you're lucky to get a peaceful moment to yourself.

Well if I may :) I'm still a noobie and waiting on my first brew to bottle condition, I'm enjoying a SNPA!!! Loving this new hobby and I love the info and support I get from this site. Cheers

Gabe, can you elaborate a bit on that question?

And my bro in law just sent me this picture. Any of you ever try that?

IMG_0021_zpsd52e01c6.jpg

Berliner with taters

Heard of it, never had it, didn't know it had spuds in it. Tell him to get the DeRanke XXX! I've never heard of that either, but the XX Bitter is a classic.

Have you ever made either an all brett or a mixed fermentation beer that went through a period where the mouthfeel was very thin but later became full again? I'm wondering how/why that happens.

I know. It's getting ridiculous. I blame the Internet! ;)

I blame damn hipsters! We had a convo with the bartender at JP about hipsters and the dumb s#it they say. Like "I love IPAs and ales." He said when he has ****** know it all hipsters at the bar he picks a fruit of the dayto say is in the profile of a beer, he used the example of banana peel. They always say they can taste it HA! More Hard tea....
ForumRunner_20130821_223857.jpg

Heard of it, never had it, didn't know it had spuds in it. Tell him to get the DeRanke XXX! I've never heard of that either, but the XX Bitter is a classic.

Have you ever made either an all brett or a mixed fermentation beer that went through a period where the mouthfeel was very thin but later became full again? I'm wondering how/why that happens.

In all brett I'm not sure what you would attribute that to, I can read through some notes on it though when I get a bit. I'll also ask a professor I know that might be able to answer

I have no idea where they are but I'm pretty sure he's wasted, he never texts me from the bar. I'll try to tell him.

Back