Fishing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's 92 degrees today, so it's a day for fishing!!!!!

Here's what we did today:
DSCF2616.jpg
DSCF2617.jpg

I LOVE fishing for panfish. It was a great day- hot but with a great breeze so that it was cool by the lake. After we caught a few fish, we sat on the shore and enjoyed the breeze and drank a couple of beers. I love summer!

nice! I love bluegill. a light coating of flour and panfried in butter. Yum!

Bob does this coating (it's light) of a mix of Shore Lunch and flour, and then fried in a hot skillet (on my old turkey fryer). It's so good! We have a nice mix of crappie and bluegill. I love it!

Bob does this coating (it's light) of a mix of Shore Lunch and flour, and then fried in a hot skillet (on my old turkey fryer). It's so good! We have a nice mix of crappie and bluegill. I love it!

awesome! I'm headed to Colorado for a fishing trip in a couple weeks; can't wait to eat some trout right out of the lake!

It's 58F here (2 p.m.) and I've had to turn the heat pump back on.

Some people fish in Willamina Creek, but I've never seen anyone catch anything. It's not quite a seasonal stream, but close.

Beautiful lake up there. We have a nice Gulf which is filling up with oil. Fishing will be destroyed. Guess I will have to trade mine for a bass boat now!

Beautiful lake up there. We have a nice Gulf which is filling up with oil. Fishing will be destroyed. Guess I will have to trade mine for a bass boat now!

It's sad, what's happening in the Gulf. We love being in the gulf, and hate to see the devastation. We're so far removed from it that it's easy to forget about it while we're out on the pristine lakes here. We have hundreds of lakes in our county, and many more in the surrounding areas, so we do lots of fresh water fishing.

I've had the fishing bug for a little while now, but I don't own a boat, and the kids are keeping us too busy to even think about it. Hoping to get into my FIL's boat this summer, but they have 4 kids now so even if I get down there, I doubt the MIL will let us take off in the boat alone for a few hours.

Maybe when the kids are out of school for the summer I'll try and find a boat to borrow or rent. There are a couple of lakes with no size limit on pike. I'd love to catch a few hammer handles just for the fun of it. A mess of gills or crappie would work too. (or a whole school of perch!!)

that lake looks beautiful yoop, i'm headed to minnesota for the yearly fishing extravaganza over july 4th, can't wait!

Very cool pictures Yooper! My first fish ever was a red ear bluegill...I love to fish and am preparing my gear right now as I'll be fishing Catalina island tonight/tomorrow! Hopefully the white sea bass and yellowtail come out to play.

What lake is that?

The lake in the picture? That one doesn't have much of a name. My friend owns it, and all the acreage around it (a couple of sections of land) and I don't think he ever named it. His dad bought in in the 1930s. There aren't any houses or any people near it.

The lake I'm on is about the same size, but there are about 15 houses on the lake I'm on.

There are hundreds of small lakes (lakes under 200 acres) in the county I live in. I think they must all have names, but they don't always have the names on a map.

Great looking bluegill's Yoop, I'm very jealous of your resources in the UP. Hope to get out this weekend with the FIL and catch and release a few of these...

P4090835.jpg

I'm still jealous, yooper :(

I tried going out with a few friends fishing around here. Pointless, not a single bite...they don't seem to know where to go.

My grandfather used to swear he never used bait because it was darned irritating to have to put down your drink to deal with a pesky fish! Apparently I took up flyfishing for the same reason because the fish know to leave me alone too ;)

Back