Another testimonial to never throw away beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pompeiisneaks

Why that human mask?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had an extract cream ale that was tasting really odd, too yeasty and otherwise not so yummy. I was debating dumping the keg, but decided instead to set it aside and drink my dubbel. Last nite I got to the dregs of that keg, and it was yummy the whole time until that last half gallon or so, not sure what was up w/ that... but maybe someone has ideas... it was all cloudy and nasty all of a sudden... does yeast build up somtimes at the top instead of the bottom? That being said, I dumped out the last little bit of that keg, and moved to the cream ale... WOW was it much better. It tasted awesome after sitting in the keg a few more weeks. Thanks for all those "don't throw it away" threads making me be cautious :)

Awesome, I always try to give it a few months before tossing anything. I have had a couple infections in the keg that just got worse over time that I had to dump, but generally it gets better over time (I had an oatmeal stout that took 6 months to get good, and it was great!)

O heck ya I totally agree. I had a Blonde that I brewed and was "trying" something different. I liked it at all transfers but after it hit 38* and carbonated it tasted well, not good (to say the least) I have kept that keg around for 9 months and never touched it. The other night I took a pint and DAMN it’s KILLER. I will never brew it again but it is good.

Back