Stone Double Bastard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOP31

Reaction score
I think that we can all mostly agree that Arogant Bastard is a great beer.

So I went to my local beer store tonight to grab a couple of beers, and I saw that Double bastard was out, I figured i needed to give it a try. But not only did they have Deuces of Double Bastard they had this behemoth :rockin: :

7985-Doublebastard.jpg

So being the beer enthusiast that I am, I go and blow my beer budget on it, but what the hell, right? The other bottles are there as a reference, that thing is huge, 3 quarts and 5.4 ounces.:mug: They even put a pad lock on the swing top to help keep you out if it, if you want to let it age, which I will be doing with this one.

7985-Doublebastard2.jpg

If you haven't gotten to try the Double yet, i would highly recommend it, very tasty.

Cheers

That's rocks! :rockin:
The padlock is a nice touch. I've seen that bottle in a store and have wanted to get it.

Saw it on my last run to BevMo. Opted for Delerium Noel instead.

melle15.gif

Did buy a Bastard glass, though. :eek:

Nice. I hade my first pint of that about a month ago at a local taphouse. Damn, that was tasty!

Just went through a deuce of the double bastard. I liked it, but thought it could use a little more nose.

That said, I'm amazed at how clean this beer is. At 10% ABV, it's still remarkably clean, and the malt comes through very nicely. Gotta get me some of that pacman yeast! (and no, I didn't see any in the bottle).

They have the huge bottle for $100.00 at my local liquor store. A bomber is $7.99 I believe.

mikeyc said:
They have the huge bottle for $100.00 at my local liquor store. A bomber is $7.99 I believe.

Holy crap! I have that same bottle and thought the 75 bones I ponied up was nuts! :mug:

mikeyc said:

Damn!!!!

At my local booze hut the bombers are 3.49$ and 4.99$, depending on the beer. And that big bastard is only 59.00$!!!

Yea, I was thinking 100.00 is a bit over the top. Its kind of funny, they have good prices on some stuff, and then other things are crazy expensive. You can get a growler of Two Hearted Ale for 6 bucks, and then they charge 100.00 for the big a$$ double bastard. They only got one bottle, so Im sure they just jacked it up that high cause some one will probably buy it.

talleymonster said:
Damn!!!!

At my local booze hut the bombers are 3.49$ and 4.99$, depending on the beer. And that big bastard is only 59.00$!!!

Hey Talley,

which local place is this? I tried picking up the 3L bottle from Whole Foods, the guy told me it was $79. I had my girl stop by there since I wanted it as a bday present, but then he tells me that it isn't for sale.

I'd love to grab a bottle of that locally if possible.

Thanks man

Back