Syracuse, ny - round 8 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CidahMastah

Reaction score
Overage Completed
Overage Pending

CidahMastah
JeffB418
twogunz
gcdowd
abrew2u
jbsengineer
CBK
brehuh
Teldridge
lewdog50
mjap52
akirch12
t-booneyay
bierhaus15
Copyright1997
r49b
BryanJ
dbush20
Dslocum
Rubis
Chrisp522
lawle102

Bellini88 $163.36 199
kzhusker $104.16 116

ORDER CLOSED:

-----------------------------------------------------
Total for CM-2Row Pallet (47 of 42 needed)
Total Bags for buy (124 of 126)

-----------------------------------------------------

OK here is the deal:

1. Need between 84 and 126 sacks to order (this order may not ship out until Oct/Nov, however if we close it early and can arrange drop off we will do so).

2. One entire pallet must be CM-2ROW (minimum of 42 bags). So please consider this grain for a base grain before committing to other types.

3. Minimum of 3 sacks required to join buy. If you can’t meet this minimum, contact someone else on the buy you know and combine orders. Must purchase grain to participate in hops splits.

4. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (near Syracuse, NY). This will most likely be the first Saturday (10am-12pm) following arrival of shipment. Tentatively Nov 3rd (subject to change).

5. Payment will be done through certified check or money order via snail mail, and will be required up front before the order is placed. An estimate will be calculated once the order filled and any adjustments will be promptly credited back to each buyer via paypal or other arrangement. Buyers will have 1 week to submit payment after buy is closed. Failure to submit payment promptly can forfeit participation in any future group buys.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$4-6)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$4-6)

To see the catalog, go to: NCM Group Buy Pricing Sheet
The password is "greatmalt".

Pricing (Use 4000#+ pricing)

Pricing on the great malt sheet is an estimate. Plan for about $4-6 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order (this shipping cost will be automatically calculated in your estimate). The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

ORDER ENTRY

We utilize an order entry sheet which is accessible through HBT user jeffb418. Please click on the link and you can :ban:put in your order here:ban:. If you have questions please let Jeffb418 or Cidahmastah know.

When you add something to the sheet please do post what you have added. It stimulates the buy and also lets people know about splits you have added, etc.

The sheet keeps track of a rough estimate for your dollar total for selected - see the estimate by your name.

PAYMENT OPTIONS

For this buy we will only be accepting certified check, or money orders submitted by snail mail for payments. Personal checks are ok, but not preferred. WE ARE NO LONGER USING PAYPAL, AMAZON, CHASE QUICK PAY FOR PAYMENTS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTIFIED

1. Once the order pricing is confirmed you send a certified check or money order (personal checks are ok too).
2. Personal checks will delay the order placing by 3-5 days but are acceptable.

If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM CidahMastah. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the Syracuse grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY:

Will be made to a local business that has been gracious enough to let us use their loading dock. Details will be made available upon request.

CidahMastah/twogunz/jeffb418 will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you. Please make your best effort to make the preplanned pickup date as described above.

SPLITS:

FOR SPLIT SACKS: Splits are available on a limited basis and only in 1/2 bag amounts at this time. Feel free to work out the details for splits between people outside of the organized buy if these fill up or if you want to split them at different ratios. For the splits on the sheet, the organizers will pre-split the grain prior to pickup. Cost of bags are automatically factored into your total cost.

HOPS:

Current hop splits are ongoing and need 11 lb packages to close a box. If 11 shares aren't filled up that particular hop will not be ordered. We are doing a max of 5 11lb splits this round due to the amount of time and effort required to split the hops. Full 11lb boxes are available for order as well if needed. For the splits on the sheet, the organizers will pre-split the hops in 1lb ziplock bags prior to pickup. Cost of bags are automatically factored into your total cost.

BUY SCHEDULE:
140ak9d.gif

Important dates:
BUY CLOSES - 10 PM TODAY (9/10)
DEPOSIT INFO EMAILED - 9/11
ALL DEPOSITS IN CIDAH'S HANDS - 9/19
ORDER PICKUP - SAT 9/29

ROUND 8 BUY IS CLOSED - SHEET IS LOCKED
Email me or PM me if you need anything changed on the sheet.

DEPOSITS POSTED!

Please send the following amount to CidahMastah:
[COLOR=blue"]BLUE [/COLOR]- Check in mail GREEN - Received check
Cidah $364.00
JeffB418 $606.00
TwoGunz $132.00
JBSENG $301.00
t-booneyay $141.00
CR1997 $318.00
CBK $146.00
bierhaus15 $176.00
Bellini88 $199.00
DSlocum $265.00
BryanJ $216.00
dbush20 $140.00
Lewdog50 $201.00
Mjap52 $269.00
Gcdowd $485.00
akirch12 $181.00
kzhusker $116.00
Rubis $107.00
r49b $195.00
Lawle102 $234.00
chrispy $120.00
Brehuh $380.00
Abrew2u $161.00

Certified check or money order is preferred. Personal check is acceptable but not desired. If you must pay with personal check, please send out ASAP due to processing on our end.

Deposits MUST be in Cidah's (Keith) mailbox by 9/19 or you will forfeit your right to participate in any future buys. We arent trying to be jerks, just trying to keep the buy fun for us and smooth to run. I will be emailing everyone his address and full details tonight.

Pickup will be in Syracuse on 9/29 from 10AM - NOON. Please try your best to either 1) meet this pickup date, 2) send someone in your place, 3) have another buyer pick up for you. We can accommodate other options but only for special cases. We must have all grain out of the pickup location by 9/29 or else we could lose our delivery location for future buys.

Please POST or PM CidahMastah when you have sent your check so we know its on its way. This will also help you since we won't bug you for money =)

Deposit info email sent to everyone who is registered on the buy sheet. If you didnt get it please PM me and I will copy you the details.

Pickup Groups: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvGGgq4iC1v4dHJfTW40Vi1nWF91ejBOTVZhUldMNUE#gid=15
Remember, you can join together for pickup to make it easier! Post on the forum you are interested in combining pickups, then once confirmed you can enter that information on the buy sheet so we can keep track who is picking up for who!

Subbed and super excited for this! Thanks for doing these!

Mjap52- I see you are in Amherst, there are a few of us in the Buffalo area, lets try and organize the pick up so we all don't end up driving out there. I will gladly drive this time around.

Mjap52- I see you are in Amherst, there are a few of us in the Buffalo area, lets try and organize the pick up so we all don't end up driving out there. I will gladly drive this time around.

I'd love to get something like this going! I'm willing to drive as well! I'm looking at the order page, it looks like you're getting less than 3 full bags of grains, if you're interested, we could lump our orders so it's easier on the guys running this (I'm getting 6 full bags & 3 lbs of hops).

Anyone else in Buffalo want to get in on this?

Wow, I looked at the sheet a couple of days ago...13 sacks...now I just took a quick look and it's already at 57!

I have quite a stockpile from the last couple of buys, but I'm getting with a couple of local guys to see what they might need. In the meantime I've put in a preliminary order (which will likely change once I get with them). For this I've added 5 sacks CM-2ROW and 2 sacks BZ-PILS.

I'd like to get some more flaked corn, as I use it in a couple of recipes and have less than 10# left. I've opened a split on it, anyone else interested in the other half? It is split #7.

I'm also interested in roasted barley, but wasn't sure what others have ordered in the past (i.e. what is recommeded) so I didn't create a split for it. Anyone interested?

Also grabbed 1# of the HU‐90ARM (Aramis hop) to try it out.

Sack count is now 64

I'll jump in with you on that Amaris hop. I'd like to try a new variety!

I'm available to make the trip and pick up for those in Rochester within reason, my Edge will only hold so much:mug:

I'd love to get something like this going! I'm willing to drive as well! I'm looking at the order page, it looks like you're getting less than 3 full bags of grains, if you're interested, we could lump our orders so it's easier on the guys running this (I'm getting 6 full bags & 3 lbs of hops).

Anyone else in Buffalo want to get in on this?

I am getting more, just haven't made up my mind yet. Plan on doing the minimum 3 at least.

Are we doing Star San splits? And if so, is anyone interested in splitting Star San? I think we need 4 people, each get 1 gallon.

copyright1997 said:
Wow, I looked at the sheet a couple of days ago...13 sacks...now I just took a quick look and it's already at 57!

I have quite a stockpile from the last couple of buys, but I'm getting with a couple of local guys to see what they might need. In the meantime I've put in a preliminary order (which will likely change once I get with them). For this I've added 5 sacks CM-2ROW and 2 sacks BZ-PILS.

I'd like to get some more flaked corn, as I use it in a couple of recipes and have less than 10# left. I've opened a split on it, anyone else interested in the other half? It is split #7.

I'm also interested in roasted barley, but wasn't sure what others have ordered in the past (i.e. what is recommeded) so I didn't create a split for it. Anyone interested?

Also grabbed 1# of the HU‐90ARM (Aramis hop) to try it out.

Sack count is now 64

Copyright1997-

I might be interested in a roasted barley split or some other type of dark specialty grain. Let me know what you want to do.

Are we doing Star San splits? And if so, is anyone interested in splitting Star San? I think we need 4 people, each get 1 gallon.

Yes we are, go ahead and add yourself to a split and hopefully people jump on. I still have a lot left so I'm out.

Keith - do you know if we are able to purchase the bottle caps through them? 10k would certainly last me for quite some time.....

There might be a small opportunity to actually push the order through this month. We are working with TwoGunz on maybe pushing this up but nothing official yet. And at the current rate of the order, I could actually see this closing out next week. Just giving the heads up.

Keith - do you know if we are able to purchase the bottle caps through them? 10k would certainly last me for quite some time.....

from what I understand spices, oak and hardware like the caps are still off the list of HBer buys from NCM.

Seriously guys. This is crazy. Haha. I'm stocking up before malt prices go up from this summers drought.

seriously, I just got the message like maybe at most 5 days ago that this started, and its already in the 80's for bags of grain.. you people are crazy :D, if i was in NY right now i would be joining in the craziness..

A little off topic but I'd like an opinion on which yeast to use for a pumpkin ale. S04 or Notty?

I just added another split of roasted barley. If no one is interested I will just remove it and add a bag of 2 row or something.

A little off topic but I'd like an opinion on which yeast to use for a pumpkin ale. S04 or Notty?

I'd go with S04. It has lower attenuation than Nottingham, unless you want a drier pumpkin ale.

can i just add another split for cm-munh myself, or do i need to have it added by jeff?

I've got to add it. This is the last split we are adding for now. I'll do that now. We are just trying to limit the number of splits since they take time for us to do when we sort the grain.

Added the last split - CM-MUNH and another cascade split (since a few people asked for it cuz the other closed so quickly).

Try to fill all open splits.

Back