Balancing with cobra taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidRex

Reaction score
I have 3/16th ID serving line that is currently only 5ft and I can only serve at 5psi with no foam. So...would I need 12ft of line if I want to serve at 12psi? I just want to set my regulator and leave it at 12 for carbing and serving so I am trying to accomodate by changing the line length. Is there any other tap that I could use instead of the cobra so I would only need the normal 6ft of line?

Midrex-
I am currently running tow kegs at 12-13 psi with no foam with 6 ft of 3/16 line. My fridge is at between 38-40 dgrees. I had 4ft of line for a couple of months and had super foamy beer. I was serving homebrew for new years eve so I bought 12ft of line (six feet for each keg) and stayed with my cobra taps: Perfect pour. Try it out. What temp is your fridge at? Are your serving lines cold?

My fridge is at 38 and the serving lines are in there too.

Even though that's the way the numbers work out, I think 12 feet would be too much. I use 12 feet of 3/16 on my soda tap and that is pushing 30 psi. I'd try 8 feet, since the cobra tap pours a little differently from a standard tap.

Back