Rockaway, NJ bound...again...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewer_99

Reaction score
Headed to Rockaway on Monday. I'll be leaving on Friday.

Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn next to the Rockaway Mall.

Anyone want to share some brews?

I'll be driving in on Monday (12 hour drive+ 1 for the time change) so call anytime...Cell: 309-738-3393

You can always take the short detour off of I-80 and stop in State College. Check out the Signature for what's on tap. Of course anything in kegs can be sampled as well.

You can always take the short detour off of I-80 and stop in State College. Check out the Signature for what's on tap. Of course anything in kegs can be sampled as well.
I could..., but I'd still have a couple of driving hours ahead of me...I should be by there between 12-and 1.

Are you going to be there for lunch? :mug:

I thought about stopping once on the way to York (taking 322 down to H'burg), but thought it would add 2+ hours to the drive.

I could..., but I'd still have a couple of driving hours ahead of me...I should be by there between 12-and 1.

Are you going to be there for lunch? :mug:

I thought about stopping once on the way to York (taking 322 down to H'burg), but thought it would add 2+ hours to the drive.

I could arrange to be home for lunch. :mug: I'm easy to get to, just off of US 322. Maybe I could drag Zoebisch out too. He hasn't posted on HBT in a while, but we email each other and share the occasional beer.

Hmmm, maybe I'll force carb up my Scotch Ale so it is available by then. Also I have the sauteed hops beer still in the fermentor, but a sample could be pulled.

I drive through Rockaway every day on my way home. Krogh's brewpub is maybe 15 minutes up route 15 if we need a place to gather.

-Joe

nostalgia and I gt together for some brews this evening.

We had a good drinking session. I sampled his Watermelon Wheat, it was better than I expected...very nice; an Irish Red that was good in flavor and balance, but not on of my favorites, and a Braggot. It was interesting in the same way a Radler is, both beer and mead flavors intermingled in a nice way.

He tried a couple glasses of my Hefe Weizen and a Kaiserdom Clove of Rauchbier. I sent him home with a bottle of my 2 year old Barkshack Ginger Mead and a bottle of the Leap Year Vanilla Mead...not to be opened before next Leap Year. :D

Overall, I had a great experience meeting up with a fellow brewer. :mug:

Always nice to meet a fellow brewer :) The mystery brew was the cranberry braggot. Recipe is from Extreme Brewing by the DFH founder.

I did enjoy your wheat, and would have liked to have had more of the Rauchbier. Maybe next time I'll just sleep over instead of taking my chances with the Jefferson police ;)

Look forward to the pictures!

-Joe

Latest posts

Back