Airlock Hose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelikan

Reaction score
I'm looking at my standard, 3 piece airlock, and it seems that if I remove the cap and the little floaty-thing, I can attach a piece of tubing to the inner cylinder to create a blow-off.

Anyone happen to know what size (I.D.) tubing fits the standard airlocks? I know I could just measure it and use that as my I.D., but sometimes the tubing varies, etc. Just wanna see what works from experience.

3/8" ID will slide over the center post of the 3-piece. You may need to slit the side of the tubing if it's a little too tight.

Also, snap out the crosspiece in the bottom of the airlock.

3/8" ID will slide over the center post of the 3-piece. You may need to slit the side of the tubing if it's a little too tight.

Also, snap out the crosspiece in the bottom of the airlock.

The crosspiece? Do you mean, snap off the bottom?

The crosspiece? Do you mean, snap off the bottom?

Look on the bottom of your airlock. You should see a plastic X. Remove that X with a Dremel, hacksaw, etc. This is to prevent your blow-off tube from clogging. I've only used pellet hops with this set up and it works well. I don't know if I'd try it with whole hops though due to the potential clogging and pressure build up.

Latest posts

Back