I really need a pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
Ugh....getting ready to sparge the second batch in a 2-beer day and my back is shot. I have got to get a pump...I can't handle all the lifting any more.:mad:

I had to use my daughter's radio flyer wagon to transport the first batch carboy from the garage to the house. It would be pretty funny if it didn't hurt so much.

Good thing I have a bachelor party to attend tonight...I can drink away the pain!

When I was still brewing in Oakland, I rigged a couple pulleys to hoist the buckets of hot water around. I'm having serious thoughts about building a tiny cherry-picker for moving fermenters around.

I'm not in that bad of shape, my back just isn't what it used to be.

Besides, time spent at the gym is time I could be drinking beer!:ban:

I've been searching on the site and can't find anyone talking about which pump is best. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or have any comments on their pump? What specs do you need to look for?

cgcaudle said:
I've been searching on the site and can't find anyone talking about which pump is best. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or have any comments on their pump? What specs do you need to look for?

March 809 Magnetic Impeller Pump

A high-quality, inexpensive wort pump. This 1/25 horsepower magnetic drive seal-less pump has a polysulfone head, rated for food grade use up to 250° F. It has a maximum flow rate of 7.2 gallons per minute, and a maximum head of 12.1 feet. The head has 1/2" MPT inlets and outlets. The motor housing is not drip-proof, so you should locate the pump in a dry location. It has a three foot electrical lead that should be wired into a 110 volt AC switch (not included).
#7351March 809-PL-HS Pump $129.95
EACH

Well here is one from Northern. A lot less expensive then I have seen them in the past...I thought they were more in the $200 area.
see larger picture

Back