Has anyone made carbonated apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there are mentions of it in the original thread if you want to wade through the hundreds of pages. I plan on kegging mine but bottle conditioning works just as well apparently.

All I do is carb mine, but I mostly just give it away too. My mom loves the stuff and so do my aunts. I stick it in a 1 gallon cube and take some to them on the weekends. they mix it with cranberry juice.
I think it tastes great anyway you drink it but I like the sprazzle a little more.

Yea I forced carbed mine also. I think it may be about time to plan another one here in the near future

Bottle conditioned 1st batch of apfelwien. It's going fast. I used 1/2 # corn sugar to carb. It's taking a long time to get carbed. Opened one tonight and its nearly perfectly carbed. It definately adds something positive vs. still.

Come on, people. Even if you don't want to read the whole thread, you could at least read the *first post*.

If you want to bottle and carbonate, ¾ cup of corn sugar will work fine. Use as you would carbonate a batch of beer.

Back