Dehumidifier for Keezer or Ferment Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangulum33

Whenever it feels right!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good way to keep the inside of a freezer style fermentation chamber dry? I want to avoid funk growing and stinking in there.

damprid_logodn.jpg

2009DampridGroupB.jpg

http://www.damprid.com/

How well do these work for you guys? Do they get rid of all the excess moisture and condensation, or just cut down on it?

I have the rechargeable dehumidifiers also.. they work well enough, no more mold in my fermentation chamber at least.

I've been using one since I started this thread, and it works pretty good. It took a couple weeks for it get rid of most of the moisture, but now it seems to just maintain low moisture levels.

+1 on the rechargable dehumidifiers, it might take a few rechargings early if its pretty damp but then they last a while. Depends on how well you seal your kegerator and how often you open it up.

There are some silica gel desiccants that you can bake in your oven to drive off moisture. They turn blue to pink or something when its dry/not dry. Probably those rechargeable ones people are speaking of.

i never tried damp rid becuase of claims that it was messy and combersome to deal with, thats why i bought the rechargable units. so far vr happ with them.

Latest posts

Back