• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

$16 Corny Kegs (not mine)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will stick to the Bgrade kegs from Kegconnection. The 4 that I have already got from them, were in great clean condition, inside and out. Plus they even come with an extra set of Orings and seals. They are only a few dollars more and I dont have to spend any time cleaning them. Just rinsing them out and sanitizing.

That was fast shipping -- I ordered on 11/29 (Sunday) and received them today. The kegs don't seem any dirtier than others I've seen. No mud caked on (unlike the last 2 I had obtained from a different source). I definitely to do an Oxyclean soak (see the pic of inside of keg). The lid o-rings do indeed appear to be new. I'm VERY satisfied with my purchase. Thanks to the OP for letting us know about this deal!

3090rd4.jpg

mlm9h0.jpg

2m4f5e1.jpg

Well, since I buy my brew stuff from Adventures in Home Brewing all the time (there is another LHBS closer by my house, but AHB are much better) I decided to get one of those Corneys too. I didn't really need one, but what the heck.
It was a good buy. It's kinda old looking on the outside, but after some cleaning and sanitizing I'm very happy with the purchase.
The most important thing is it looks good on the inside and it holds the pressure.
Actually I'm thinking now of buying a bunch more and switching to a natural carbonation in corneys.

PS. Just like the others have stated earlier, the lid O-ring looks new, but not the tube gaskets, they look old. I'm not sure about the gaskets around the posts, my guess is they are old also.

Actually I'm thinking now of buying a bunch more and switching to a natural carbonation in corneys.

We're thinking on the same page.

I just bought 5, and my girlfriend is picking up 5 more soon. I am selling off my 3 carboys, and three buckets. Soon I'll be fermenting in kegs, secondarying in kegs, and serving in kegs.

The $16 price was just too hard to pass up!:mug:

And a closet of 10 kegs is going to look pretty good!

Mine just arrived yesterday. They're definitely used, but all held their pressure, and after a standard dose of cleaning and sanitizing, they're going into the rotation.

Best part: one of them had green handles. I'd been thinking of dedicating a keg to root beer, and now I know which one!

It depends on what type of financial sitch you are in....me...I'd clean the kegs myself and spend the elbow grease instead of the frog skins... but others might think differently, to each their own.
I'd still say "what a deal"...hop on the train if your willing to clean yourself.

I ordered 14 of these puppies...two for a friend, the rest for me so i can get sorted out...even got a green one and a black and green one...so now i have a dedicated soda keg! All of mine were in GREAT shape and frankly...i'd be cleaning / sanitizing any keg i got from any vendor...these were in better shape than i was expecting. Only two had what i'd call 'major' dents in them, but the handles are all snug, and they all were pressurized when they got to my door!

Question though...for those of you who ordered recently, were they all cornys? I got at least one or two firestone kegs...I'm not sure if it's worth complaining about or not. it's kindof a PITA because i hate having diff keg parts, but maybe i can just find someone to trade with locally...

I ordered 14 of these puppies...two for a friend, the rest for me so i can get sorted out...even got a green one and a black and green one...so now i have a dedicated soda keg! All of mine were in GREAT shape and frankly...i'd be cleaning / sanitizing any keg i got from any vendor...these were in better shape than i was expecting. Only two had what i'd call 'major' dents in them, but the handles are all snug, and they all were pressurized when they got to my door!

Question though...for those of you who ordered recently, were they all cornys? I got at least one or two firestone kegs...I'm not sure if it's worth complaining about or not. it's kindof a PITA because i hate having diff keg parts, but maybe i can just find someone to trade with locally...

I got all cornys when I picked them up. But now I am kind of concerned that maybe my girlfriend may have got firestone kegs? I have yet to see them, I guess I can have her check when she's done with classes for the day.

Back