Beer labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stee41

Reaction score
Hi All,
Ok, I live in the UK, but would like to personalise my homebrew bottle labels, where can I get self adhesive bottle labels, and add my own text and graphics, obviously dont want to pay stupid amounts of money for it!
cheers
Steve

Hi All,
Ok, I live in the UK, but would like to personalise my homebrew bottle labels, where can I get self adhesive bottle labels, and add my own text and graphics, obviously dont want to pay stupid amounts of money for it!
cheers
Steve

do a search for milk. They use it to adhere labels to bottles. sounds cheap and easy to me.

I print out all my labels on regular white paper and adhere them to my bottles with milk...it works great and they come off real easy with water. hard to beat it.

Might be an easier way but I've done 30 batches this way.

Tools

Milk or lactation woman
small plate
small paint brush or kitchen brush
Dish cloth (small)
Dish towel (larger)

lay small cloth in front of you
larger cloth to the right
plate that holds a small amount of milk to left

paint the label which is laying on small cloth - just enough to get in wet - not soaking

place label on bottle and hold for a few seconds - sometimes label will want to curl so roll the bottle in the larger cloth and hold for more time. It can be time consuming sometimes depending on the ink and direction the paper was printed. Fibers tend to run one direction.

I get 6 labels on one page

that soak of with ease and stay on unless they get real wet.

I just put a small kitchen sponge in a saucer and dribble a little milk on it. Dab the label on the sponge, apply to bottle, and bob's your uncle.

Might be an easier way but I've done 30 batches this way.

Tools

Milk or lactation woman
small plate
small paint brush or kitchen brush
Dish cloth (small)
Dish towel (larger)

lay small cloth in front of you
larger cloth to the right
plate that holds a small amount of milk to left

paint the label which is laying on small cloth - just enough to get in wet - not soaking

place label on bottle and hold for a few seconds - sometimes label will want to curl so roll the bottle in the larger cloth and hold for more time. It can be time consuming sometimes depending on the ink and direction the paper was printed. Fibers tend to run one direction.

I get 6 labels on one page

that soak of with ease and stay on unless they get real wet.

I would like to see instructions on the "lactation woman" option preferably with pictures.:D

I would like to see instructions on the "lactation woman" option preferably with pictures.:D

OMG! SWMBO is nursing my little brew assistant, I wonder if she would let me make an ale and apply the labels with breast milk...

What kind of ale to brew for that one!!! SWMBO Slayer?

OMG! SWMBO is nursing my little brew assistant, I wonder if she would let me make an ale and apply the labels with breast milk...

What kind of ale to brew for that one!!! SWMBO Slayer?

I've heard of a Mother's Milk Stout. They didn't add lactose.

Latest posts

Back